strength stat versus attack power?

what is better or more helpful for a rage class, as far as armor/weapon stats go strength or attack power? like 1 strength or 3 attack power on the item? and difference of the 2?

at the most basic level:

strength = base damage and some hp
    attack power = chance to hit

1str = 5attk, or there abouts.

Attack power is great at lower levels where its hard to hit (so it's really important imo), but at higher levels (35 onwards) hitting is pretty easy so strength is more desirable.

Also, skills that have strength listed as one of their important stats will become more effective if you have higher strength. Hope that helps
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

that does help thank you i started one char before and nerfed him couldnt quite figure it out now i have a( stats in order) 86,67,58,69,(78size)71,60, mainly got him for the strength and size. made him a rage, so far hes 14-2-0. just wondering, low activity high bloodlust, what would be next best stat for him? agility maybe chi?

im also looking at a again in order, 71-71-67-75-71size-64-70, slave in the market but would like opinions on yay or nay and what class he should be

I like your rage.

I'd go 3/3 bash (assuming maces/axe) and then 4/4 bash once youre weapon skill is above 8. once berserk is available, 3/3 zerk will be good for a bit

That other slave could be used as a War glad, but I'm no expert (rage is my thing, and only rage)
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

That explains a lot!

And by the way, could you tell the difference between defense and armour?