Thread: Slash vs Lunge

Slash vs Lunge

I have built a couple of bleeders. One is blades and one is exotics. I have been using multiple different blades/exotics for weapons and always on slash. Then I got thinking should I be selecting lunge for certain types based on how I would actually use a weapon.

So

Trident - Lunge
    Epee - Lunge
    Gladius - Lunge
    Falchion - Slash
    Dagger - Either

Is this the correct way of thinking of this or can someone help me with when I should pick slash over lunge and visa versa?
    Last edited by zbrojovka; 02-02-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Pretty much spot on.
    Gladius seems fine with either too.

All blades are good for both Lunge and Slash, even rapiers.

Lunge gives you an interesting bonus against heavy armors so it can be useful to use it against wars, when Slash gives you a bonus against light armor and then especially helps against rages.
    Last edited by Narol; 02-04-2014 at 03:24 AM.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Bastard Swords can even Bash, the crowd wasn't amazed when a "loyal fan" threw him a bastard sword and Belca bashed his opponents face in with it xD

I would like to know for my Snivler bleeder currently using dual daggers, would it be more advised to use slash or lunge for them? I know lunge increases armor pierce and slash increases dmg against light armor, but I am at the early game stage where I can't pick my opponents and am just fondling myself in the dark when it comes to fighting random fights

~Frostee~

Stab with it, stab them in the eyeball!

If you want a bleeder, best choice is exotics, as it gives a better amount of bleed. As for the strategy lunge gives bonus against heavy armor (Wars) and slash gives bonus against light armor (Rages). So you can play with the triggers!