Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Ok, so if a gladiator is dead or has an injury and then you navigate away from the rest screen, you are observing that they will get resurrected and injuries will be healed but their health and endurance will not replenish?
    that is correct.

if gladiator is dead - it only resurrects.
    if gladiator has injuries - it only heals them

Does the timer simply run down to 0 and then the gladiators in question are only partially replenished? What happens if you refresh the page? If they are fully replenished then this is a visual bug. Thanks!
    time runs out to 0 and gladiators are only partially replenished. If you refresh the page, the timer starts all over again and then you're healed, so it appears it takes twice as much time.

However if you stay on the same page, it works as intended.

I've tested on newest version of Firefox.

tried to do hard mode conquest for lord brutish and razael tonight, with no luck. After 3 tries for both it seems clear to me that 45 minutes to finish is way to little for me atleast. Took me about 30-40 minutes of rest time to get to the last fight, if ive tried to actually read the fights I couldve just forgotten to try it. I got in 1-3 tries before the timer ran out, and i was slaughtered each time. Maybe that was the idea with the new timer that you only would be able to do a few tries before you have to redo it all. Anyway will be a while until I waste time on this again, its much more to gain from the gauntlet. That suits my play style alot more, being able to play for a few minutes and take a break for an hour or so before playing a few minutes again.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Just had time to run it again after the change, here is my feedback on this version:

1. Team composition is much more important, my all speed team had no chance vs Gut Thrasher, couldn't get him below 15k life in several attempts. After swapping in a pair of warriors (ended up with arrrrrghpirate, belca, bladesinger, bruce lee, erupt) and they where able to take him out on about the 6th try.

2. Gut Thrasher seems a bit over tuned compared to the other 2 mini bosses, maybe a bit of his mojo should be taken out and put in the other 2.

3. The multi fight boss was fun (took several tries to take him down, used trophies here cause i was worried on time some of the rest times where over 5 mins) only thing i would suggest is in between fights a retreat option instead of going to the next fight would be nice, if one of your glads gets KO'ed in the first fight, going into fight 2 and 3 is really just a waste of time, all its going to do is raise your heal timer. So being able to retreat after that first fight would be a nice option.

4. End loot - after spending nearly an hour doing this on nightmare, and spending a few trophies to beat the clock (i think about the same amount it takes to clear the gauntlet), seeing a regular purple as the final reward was very disappointing. Before when it was easier regular purples made sense, but now it seems like this should have nightmare gauntlet type loot as it takes more time to complete then the gauntlet and a similar trophie cost. Since the trophie cost was similar it seems to me i can either "spend" time doing the conquests, or "spend" gold doing the gauntlet to get gear, but if the gauntlet has only legendaries and bloodgame purples on nightmare, it doesn't make much sense to run conquests (if your goal is to get gear) where you can get regular purples.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Agreed about overpowered Gut Thrasher. But I think the other mini-bosses are balanced depending on team composition.

Finally finished a Nightmare run under the new changes after about 10 false starts - my 2 cents:

Seraph Mertrell, Bruce Lee, Hubba Gubba, Neera, and Ahhnold were able to finish the nightmare level and got an Orange item out of it. I used no trophies and finished with about 30 minutes remaining. But...there was a lot of luck involved since a similar team couldn't get past Gut Thrasher at all and I happened to beat the Boss on the first try (previous time went at the Boss about 6 times and got whipped every time.)

Team composition-wise, I had a similar setup as Cynaidh: 3 speed builds and 2 duke it out builds. Although I'm a bit wary with Rages since the last Boss goes three rounds and most Rages going Berserk can't last that long (no endurance reset between rounds).

One issue - I can't seem to get any traction with my Power builds. Anyone have success with a Power rage and what teammates did you run?

Anyway, this is my first post, so hello and thanks to Nate for a great game.

I have no signature yet, so my stables are Adoede and Tevrosin. See you in the arena

Welcome to the forums Adoede.

Also I completely agree, running rages is very risky with the 3 fight final boss, they where not doing much at all in the 3rd fight as all there energy was used up in the final, I was thinking the same thing of running 2 speed theatrics, 2 warriors + who ever i am running due to that issue. My power rage is only level 43 so I cant help there, perhaps someone else can.

I've been youing around with teams and my default has been thus:

Bruce Iee
    Arrrrrghpirate
    Arrrghpirate (the rage one) OR Vyers
    Amon Djinn
    Hubba Gubba OR Erupt OR Ahhnold

Not sure if either is optimal, but I think Hubba is better than Erupt for my team. I like running Ahhnold and Bruce together (because Ahhnold is a god damn monster and compliments speed builds well), but I've stopped for now because I have a feeling it diminishes orange drop chances. out of 14 runs I've had 1 orange and that was without Ahhnold

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Seraph Mertrell, Bruce Lee, Hubba Gubba, Neera, and Ahhnold were able to finish the nightmare level and got an Orange item out of it.
    I with I got oranges when I paired my boys up
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Just finished another run...
    Seraph Zivre, Bladesinger, Ahhnold, Bruce Lee, Bruce Willis

So much for worrying about rages running out of endurance. Anyway, again no trophies used and an orange drop. But this was the only team out of 7 I was running that made it past Gut Thrasher.

Interesting maybe i need more rages on my teams

Right now my duel wield rages are at 1 endurance after every fail on the end boss, so they are completely out at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    that is correct.

if gladiator is dead - it only resurrects.
    if gladiator has injuries - it only heals them

time runs out to 0 and gladiators are only partially replenished. If you refresh the page, the timer starts all over again and then you're healed, so it appears it takes twice as much time.

However if you stay on the same page, it works as intended.

I've tested on newest version of Firefox.
    Just wanted to report I've experienced the same whenever I went to check on and refreshed the blacksmith(with another glad) while resting. I'd come back after timer is up and 1 glad would not be replenished - who it is seems random out of the group.

We've got about a weeks worth of data with the new increased difficulty now. I'll be taking a look at it and make adjustments as necessary. The goal of course is to make it challenging but not too challenging based on the difficulty setting. At the same time I'll be trying to stomp out the bugs you have reported. Thanks for all the help!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-