Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I seriously doubt that the Conquests are going to remain as they are at the moment. The Gauntlet is no alternative to them in any way if you are looking for top gear. The heal timers seem to be very low, the time limit for passing the dungeon is very high and even the "boss" Nightmare opponents aren't that hard to beat in a few runs. Worst case scenario - you end up with some purple after less than an hour, no gold or trophies spent. Best... is orange of course. So the "promotion" will probably be for 1-2 weeks, like it was with the Gauntlet, and then we'll see something more challenging and expensive.

Awesome update Nate! Running conquests are a lot of fun and I can't wait for more. I'll echo some feedback already given. Mini boss and boss fights are too easy the other fights are good. After running the underbelly a number of times it is clear that number of opponents ramps up the difficulty much more than a huge helping of extra health to a single enemy. If you want to have one bad ass boss with no support troops I might suggest A LOT more health, maybe even more than the triple that Cyn suggested. I would also give them damage reduction or high defense or a high block rate or more attacks. You need to compensate for the disparity between the number of attacks a 5 man team gets versus a 1 man team and the fact that a 5 man team has roughly 5 times more chances of landing crits that will reduce the boss's effectiveness. Pumping their initiative would also help to ensure they get their attacks in first.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Well Kreegan you are probably right about that but on the other hand i defenitly see use for the gauntlet.

Keep in mind that you have to identify the Fabled and Legendary items which takes up time and gold and only after hours you will see if the item was worth the wait.

Now if you look at the Gauntlet good glads can already do many runs and get several legendarys instantly sure its expensive but it gets the job done faster.

On top of that you get squids which offer you the chance for trophys and other payment options.

The way i see it Conquest is more useful for the new players for Gear and Gauntlet is good for the already progressed kind of Glads which already got some legendaries.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 01-23-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    Stable: Infernalis

Gladiators: Duke Hyou, Kan Ki, Moubu, Renpa and Yotanwa

Freed Gladiators: Zyron, Amon Zul, Amon Xul, Tryton Zul and Behemoth Rex

Conquests is in open beta which means data is being collected and then if changes need to happen they will. Pretty standard for an open beta. I wanted to get Conquests out to the community sooner than later because my internal goal was the end of December and everyone has been so patient and supportive over the past year. Normally I would have kept it closed far longer but I think what we have now is still enough for people to have fun. Expect changes to happen as data comes in and things are adjusted.

The Underbelly is supposed to be a level 5 dungeon and the concept of scaling based on the gladiator's level was only introduced a week ago so everyone could enjoy it which is why some battles are too easy. Once enough conquests are finished it will go back to being an level 5 dungeon and players will work their way through the Great Realm which will feel more rewarding I think.

As always, if you have any comments or suggestions about Conquests feel free to send me a PM or write it here in the forum. I'm always happy to listen.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    cool stuff and everything, but id like to give a warning to fellow adventurers, dont go back to the entrance youll soon find yourself outside and have to start over again
    I think you might have run out of time as going back to the entrance should not take you out of the dungeon. If you can repeat it please let me know.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I didn't go to the entrance, I just avoided clicking on every section I already visited and instead clicked on the nearest undiscovered section and I dropped out of the conquest. It already happened two times with lots of hours left (on nightmare). I think both times it was the crossroads in the middle. So it may be safer to venture the dungeon step by step instead of doing it the "fast way", although I could have missed something and it's my mistake. I don't see how though.
    Anyways, great update! Really looking forward to see more.

e: It happened again with another glad on nightmare, this time clicking on another section, again skipping some (I was testing it, the reason below).
    I also ventured with just two other glads, being sure I chose 4. Strangely enough, there's a cooldown on every glad I picked, even though the group consisted of only three glads.
    Last edited by Rhinocervs; 01-27-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Resting/healing is bugged, as if you're injured/dead and switching between gladiators, it only heals injure/resurrects, but doesn't replenish health/stamina before timer runs out. Also once fully healed, it could switch to "exploration" mode automatically.

I thought that in the beta phase there will be a lot of bugs (sorry ) but it works very well. Although as Rhinocervs already mentioned, I was also kicked out of the instance few times, despite the fact that I still had a lot of time. But apart from that everything runs smoothly :P

Difficulty was increased significantly, I failed to pass through Gut Trasher with any of my glads + Sotc team. It was a rape 20 times in a row + 45 minutes timer, pretty much a waste of time.

yes i must say now itīs a bit to hard and the time for healing was raised, too. 2 hours are not enough to defeat conquest on nightmare.