Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up New Update 1/22/2014: Conquests & New Hall of Legends Requirements

Greetings Pit Masters!

CONQUESTS

Today a new update just went live! In the update the major new feature is Conquests. As I mentioned in a previous post this is a beta as I simply didn't have enough time to create all the conquests. The first milestone is to have the Great Realm's 10 territories and 40 regions to house 160 official conquests. Once the other two realms are opened up things will be similar with an additional 10 territories, 40 regions and 160 conquests in each.

A conquest is very much a group adventure. You select 4 other gladiators to accompany your chosen gladiator and then you will lead them through it. As your group battles their way through they will get injured and tire. You an choose to press on or stop and rest. Resting will see the gladiators healed and their endurance replenished. The worse the injuries and the more health and endurance needed to recover the longer it will take. For managers not wanting to wait you can use trophies to skip the rest timer. The Pleasure Palace membership and Auto-Heal memberships reduce the amount of time needed to rest by a lot so that is another option available to you.

A new mechanic has been introduced and that is "Unidentified Items". When Fabled or Legendary items are found "in the wild" you will need to bring them to the Blacksmith so he can figure out what they are. He will charge you a gold fee for his services and it will take some time for him to do the research. If you would like him to speed things along you can pay a trophy fee to expedite the process.

HALL OF LEGENDS
    Another update has to do with the Hall of Legends. A new ranking algorithm and scoring method is being used to better reflect the ranking of legends. In addition, the requirements to be admitted into the Hall of Legends has been modified. The win ratio requirement is a sliding scale that decreases based on how many fights a gladiator has and the floor now goes to 33%. The top 10 of each race is also now displayed on the hall of legends page.

THE GAUNTLET
    The energy requirements for each difficulty level of the Gauntlet have been lowered.

Hope you all enjoy our first steps into exploring the Great Realm!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

This is very fun Nate! Looking forward to seeing more this!

Some initial feedback from running nightmare 4 or 5 times now:

The normal mob fights seem to be balanced very well, got several losses vs these guys but it didn't seem punishing.

The mini-bosses seemed very easy, most of these my group would take no damage at all, since its only 1 mob before he could move he would be knocked down, hamstring-ed, and who knows what all else. They seem to need something maybe double or triple their current hit points so they get to fight some before going down.

The end fight is about the same, i think it has something to do with that boss only having 2600 hit points, he has lots of help but he can go down so fast and then its clean up time.

Still lots and lots of fun! The Unidentified Items is just a whole "OMG what is it!" got to say i couldn't wait the 12 hours for the blacksmith to ID one of the ones i got, so the trophie option there is nice!
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Haven't had this much fun in a while!

Haha! Nothing beats a good old fashioned D&D style dungeon crawl to kill time while waiting for arena tokens to refresh! Well done Nate! I haven't had this much fun since the good old days of bombing around in the MUDs on Telnet.

This is just awesome. Pit of War is reborn...

After talking with some guys in the chat, it would be cool if there was some kinda bonus for doing this with only your stable, so it just locks in your 5 glads only and runs it. Be like a hard mode

cool stuff and everything, but id like to give a warning to fellow adventurers, dont go back to the entrance youll soon find yourself outside and have to start over again
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Nice changes. My thoughts about each change:

1.CONQUESTS - great its finally implemented. Now we have a whole new game. Its fun to adventure around the Great Realm with your arena adversaries .

2.Hall of Legends - don't know how is working but I trust you attuned it well Nate .

I remember when I started to play this game in my first post on this forum I criticized the whole HoL slave system but back then the requiriment was 55%. Now with time it was lowered in steps to 33%. With this last requirement the stable masters should not fear of the long gearing time in the Blood Gods bracket. I think this must be the last lowering of the requirement. It is easy enough now for anyone. If a gladiator cannot reach 33% he/she doesn't deserve to be legend. There are no excuses now.

3.THE GAUNTLET - with the new energy change the gauntlet can be easily run for just 11 trophies (8 discount 3 assuming one ally reset). The legendary gear is now easily obtainable. No gear? No excuses .

EDIT: It will make sense that the 33% is only for gladiators who has at least 1 full Blood Gods season finished. For the rest the old 46% or even 55% rule can be applied.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 01-22-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Love Conquest Nate! Got 2 orange drops, well 3 if you count the same head 2 times, in the first day. Which is great for me as Lady Hulk just hit 50 a few days back and I had no orange gear. However, it feels a little... idk, too easy I guess. Not complaining, just an observation. I also agree that the Mini-Boss fights need a bit of balancing. Maybe a few reg mobs with them as well.

Edit: Also... ****** smiles after the gigantic hit to ***** ****** bicep! (+21469 Damage)

********** roars uncontrollably as she attacks! (-Rampage-) A cyclopean wound is opened on ***** *******'s butt! (+21343 Damage)

This feels kinda crazy to me honestly. Understandable for the health they have, but still. The BIG numbers worry me a little. What's up with all this?
    Last edited by JerimyA5; 01-23-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    ....... /\/ orth Point
    ....../,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gladiatorial Academies
    ..../,,,,,,,,\
    ../S o u t h\ Point

Rampage seems to drop the target's health by some percent, +/- other variables, so even with 1 000 000 health nobody will survive more than a few such hits.

As for Conquests - they look quite good even in their current form. Congratulations on the release, Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Lord View Post
    3.THE GAUNTLET - with the new energy change the gauntlet can be easily run for just 11 trophies (8 discount 3 assuming one ally reset). The legendary gear is now easily obtainable. No gear? No excuses .
    I love that we have 4 different ways to get legendary gear now and each is totally different:

1. Win the bloodgames - which is about knowing how to set your strat up vs a specific opponent
    2. Buy with Season points - everyone gets this
    3. Buy with large amounts of Gold - the gauntlet
    4. Get with large investment of time - conquests, you don't get a legendary every run but time is really the only cost to doing these runs.

Such a great change to how the game was where you just refreshed the blacksmith over and over till you found something. Got to give it to Nate for making the game so much more diverse.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 01-23-2014 at 04:14 PM.