Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Aspiring Master
    I dunno. I've had good success with my War guys in the black market. My rage guy is doing fine too. Meric (My only theatrics until he had an...accident) got his ass kicked repeatedly which worked out well on the losers day.

Big Weapons my friends...big weapons....it's a trend

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    Big Weapons my friends...big weapons....it's a trend
    I'm not going to say big weapons don't deal some massive hits, but after reading your previous posts I started paying more attention to that, and at least for my gladiators, they don't give me any more or less of a problem than other weapon types. As a matter of fact my theatrics gladiator eats 2H gladiators for lunch on a regular basis. I think it has a lot more to do with finding the right weapon for the build you've got. I'll tell you what I have been noticing though is people with a good amount of trains in shield and fighting defensively have been giving me trouble. I think after the total parry change everyone abandoned defense but a few managers have been flying under the radar and tweaking and it's starting to pay dividends. I think my next slave will be a a defensive war build and see how things go.

I'm not going to say big weapons don't deal some massive hits, but after reading your previous posts I started paying more attention to that, and at least for my gladiators, they don't give me any more or less of a problem than other weapon types. As a matter of fact my theatrics gladiator eats 2H gladiators for lunch on a regular basis. I think it has a lot more to do with finding the right weapon for the build you've got
    The Black Market so far has been a big weapon stomping ground. A very high percentage of gladiators with extremely high win/loss records have been single handed weapon wielding gladiators, and most of those being Rage.
    I'm not saying all the winners but when you check through the high win % gladiators on the lists in the BM they more then likely single handed wielding gladiators.

And another thing that goes against the blade wielding defensive gladiators in the BM is weapon choice. At times it becomes difficult to do enough damage to a single handed heavy armored War when slashing with a dirk or dagger before he gets 2 or 3 big 100+ hits or the blade gladiator tires out while chipping away with 20 hits at 5 and 10 points.

Might be interesting tonight to see if/how the market handles a tie for third.

Also, having a crazy-easy time getting high in the rankings with a level 2 gladiator. I imagine the prize may be less than spectacular, though.

So I took first in the Black Market with a young warrior. Lets assume I fought 3 warriors, at around 1000 gold a piece for the 50 fight entry.

First place took home a ~200 gold blue. Granted that was a 'Young' warrior (my latest), but doesn't he deserve better?

On that broken arena day (there were 2 rotations), I took 3rd and received a nice purple leg. Probably a 20-30 trophier.

So what is the game? The reward system seems a bit off.

indeed. Spent 100 gold getting second and it gave a 34 gold leg.

well, 34 is what the smith would pay for it. imagine the regular value is higher. still, only marginally better than a tavern drop.

Training Dummy
    i have noticed somthing as well in the black market, i kno the items are generated randomly, but ive notice i seem 2 be generated lower armor most of the time compared 2 my opponent, like most of my armor would be generated with only 2 defense, and they have armor with 9, is it because maybe regularly i have more purple items, so 4 some reason its generating me lower armors than my opponent has, if he doesnt have as many rare items as me?

Are you wearing light and the opponent medium, or are you wearing medium and your opponent heavy? Also check the rank, a higher ranked gladiator will have stronger armor even if it is the same type.