Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Some good ideas being thrown out. Limited number of total fights per day. Keep fighting until you reach x losses in a day and winner is the one with most wins. Any others?

Some good ideas being thrown out. Limited number of total fights per day. Keep fighting until you reach x losses in a day and winner is the one with most wins. Any others?
    I guess it all depends on what the underground fights are meant to represent. Gladiator skill and attribute combined with the managers strategy or deep pockets and/or time spent clicking the fight button.

Personally, I like the elimination method best. Once a gladiator losses 5 or 10 times in a day, that's it he's done fighting for the day and the top 3 with the most wins ..win.

The more and more I think of the black market the harder time I am having understanding it. You can receive awards and prizes for finishing top 3 each day...but the top 3 of each ladder in the arena from fresh meat to champions where the records are kept, you can receive injuries and even die and suffer from death sickness for a duration and as of yet they don't receive anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaradakar View Post
    Interesting here you agree ;-)

But your closing statement does not ;-)

But don't you see? That's the problem. We already have an arena to show off how deep someones pockets are. I thought that part of the point of putting us in grey gear was to even the playing field a bit and give us an avenue to see who would come out on top without money being as much of a factor.

Granted, I can see people might start just pumping up there base statistics with trophies, which would then put us back to the whole whoever has the deeper pockets but at least that gets stupid expensive very fast.
    I'm saying that I do think the cap is a great idea. But right now there is no cap, so someone can just keep fighting as long as they can buy the potions. Since rank is determined by how many victories you have, the more fights you fight the better. Truth be told, I only bought the trophies so I could re-equip all my guys, and upgrade my stable. When I started the Black Market Pit fight, I just kept going and going, figuring maybe the first prize from the BM would be something cool and different.Tomorrow is another day, and I'm sure the results will vary as to how that plays out. Whats cool, is that everyday the top people will win something, and from what I understand, all participants get credit towards new items from the BM.

Maybe the goal of the black market is to just give people something to do at any point during the day and give managers the satisfaction of knowing their gladiators can beat another one in a fair fight, after all that is what all the bitching and complaining was about by certain managers. I mean, you don't even know what the prizes are for Christ's sake, maybe its a big stick in the eye or a punch in the balls! Would you all bitch then that the guy with the most wins, "wins"? Anyone who would like to win a kick in the nuts let me know and I'll see if I can make it happen!

Also a lot of assumptions are flying around and there are 365 days in the year and every day is a new day at the black market, and unless the prizes are over the top managers who spend money are going to just go and buy their gear instead of waiting for some mystery prize and based on what has been mentioned about Jimmy's shop I imagine that the main purpose for the black market will be to earn whatever it is we will be earning so we can use it at his shop.

I just went back and re-read the announcement and the first sentence says Jimmy is awarding the top three gladiators with prizes as part of a promotion, maybe once the promotion is over there won't even be prizes, just bragging rights!

Jimmy the Squid just announced his underground pit fights are up and running and to promote this momentous occasion he is offering awesome prizes to the top three gladiators each day!

Today the market is new so everyone is eager to jump on it, in a week or two you might stroll over and not find it very active and find yourself in the top three at the end of the day and win a prize, that is if prizes are still being given out, so sit back, take a Valium, and relax.

300 wins...and words of advice....don't try it...it's pointless, time consuming and and utterly not fun at all. My thumb hurts from clicking, but someone had to come out on top. And Agregothe and his 123rd ranking wasn't gonna be the guy.

If tonight didn't prove at how silly the most wins format is....I'm not sure what will.

Sorry Adam....guess you caught me on a bad day. That is unless you feel a second wind coming on in the wee hours to pump out a few more wins.

I couldnt even if I wanted to. My fight button wont work anymore. I can get maybe a fight or two out of it if I take a tavern quest first. You can say what you want about my guy being 123rd, but I had a chance to really refine his fight strategies. I guess second will have to do though. I can see why you would want the best prize with your lack of quality weaponry/armor and all. Congrats.

Problem Located: I was out of gold. Figured I would fight up to your 392 matches to see what the final W/L ratio was. Went 2 over and took the lead.
    Last edited by Adam C; 03-30-2011 at 11:19 PM.

seem like today there is a points based format. seems good

edit: ok, so i had a quick go with characters ranged from lvl 28 to joombie lvl 2's. amusingly, the lvl 2's did the best

the more i think about it, the more i like the format. it really does make you think about "to i risk going for one more" as it will take 3 wins to balance out a loss. not only that, but it looks like the setup will change every day, or couple of days. i really dig this because it will keep things interesting, and different rules will be able to cater to everyone's tastes at one point or another
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 03-31-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam C View Post
    I couldnt even if I wanted to. My fight button wont work anymore. I can get maybe a fight or two out of it if I take a tavern quest first. You can say what you want about my guy being 123rd, but I had a chance to really refine his fight strategies. I guess second will have to do though. I can see why you would want the best prize with your lack of quality weaponry/armor and all. Congrats.

Problem Located: I was out of gold. Figured I would fight up to your 392 matches to see what the final W/L ratio was. Went 2 over and took the lead.
    You sneaky bastard! Hahaha! I was enjoying your guys little race to the top and you then pulled the "ouch! my leg hurts I'm pulling out of the race routine" and suckered ole Kaos into going to sleep with dreams of his #1 position safe and secure. I'm sure Jimmy would be proud of your sniping tactic! Congrats!

seem like today there is a points based format. seems good
    Yes, I agree, very cool. I wonder if each day is going to be different or if there is some kind of schedule. Either way it would certainly keep things fresh and interesting. Hmmm, now for the tough decision, do I hit the fight button or stick with my current score...this is a tough one as you pointed out a loss really hurts!

yeah, i really like this now i'm torn between using energy on underground fights asap, or wait to do tavern work to get skill points.

...impatience is winning hahha

also, what did the top 3 people get for yesterday's fights?