Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Like i said, unless purple or gold gear comes flowing from the black market, spending trophies seems the complete opposite of what these match ups were intended for. If it takes someone 100 fights to hone a gladiators strategy or tactics....they have bigger issues.
    I dunno, seems to me one of the chief complaints people had when I first started playing was they wanted more to do, they wanted to fight anytime they felt like it. Well, now they can do that. I'll disagree with you on the 100 fights to hone your strategies comment. You are an old DM player with years of experience with these types of games under your belt, many new players never played this kind of game before, so I'd venture to say it took you 100s of fights to attain the level of skill you have as a manager in these types of games and now new players can rapidly get fights under their belts as well.

I am definitely not fighting guys within my own range. Im a level 21 with a total of less than 40 skill points. Im fighting guys 8 levels higher with over 80 skill points. Somehow, the whole base stats thing seems lessened when everyone is running bonuses from skill points too.
    I know I have not fought anyone under a level 28 thus far.

I'll disagree with you on the 100 fights to hone your strategies comment. You are an old DM player with years of experience with these types of games under your belt, many new players never played this kind of game before,
    I can sort of agree with that, but this isn't DM, it has it's own formula's and rolls resulting in it's own quirky outcomes, but your right that a new player has a lot to experience to understand all the different mix and match attributes.skills and strategies among other things.

I'm not sure, but I think Kills count for ranking. I have 1 less win, but 2 more kills, and I am ahead.

Aspiring Master
    The ranking system is weird at least for the normal arena. Just take a look at the team rankings. The Meatbags are directly below a team that they are better than in wins, losses, winning %, kills AND total fights yet are somehow still behind them. So it must take something else into account. Maybe quality of opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam C View Post
    I am definitely not fighting guys within my own range. Im a level 21 with a total of less than 40 skill points. Im fighting guys 8 levels higher with over 80 skill points. Somehow, the whole base stats thing seems lessened when everyone is running bonuses from skill points too.
    I haven't fought anyone more than three levels higher than me.

Overall I like the Blackmarket fights...
    I love fights with Grey Equipment.

But overall it feels like this one incarnation of the fights is trying to do too much.. Rewards are cool but those really just boil down to who wants to spend the most trophies.

I think the best/quick fix (until more divisions/styles of daily fights show up) would be limit the number of fights that a fighter can do in a day.
    Even something as high as a 50 fight limit would be fine... Something like that would be a good middle ground I think.

-L

Quote Originally Posted by crowbb View Post
    The ranking system is weird at least for the normal arena. Just take a look at the team rankings. The Meatbags are directly below a team that they are better than in wins, losses, winning %, kills AND total fights yet are somehow still behind them. So it must take something else into account. Maybe quality of opponents?
    I think your opponent matters, or the results of the fights matters. I see bigger jumps or falls in the rankings when I dominate or get dominated in the fight as opposed to just squeaking out a victory. Not sure if that is how things work in the Black Market though.

Aspiring Master
    I posted this in suggestions, as I did not see this thread:

-I love that it's a great place to test strategies out.
    -I love that we're all in grey gear.

Dislikes

-Manager with the most free time has a huge advantage.
    -Manager with the deepest pockets has a huge advantage (more energy = more fights).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really feel like each gladiator should have an overall limit per day of how many times they can fight in the black market. Maybe something like 20 total fights per day?

Then your wins or losses would also have more meaning, people who don't have all day to place fights have a better chance, and people who have loads of trophies can't out energy those who don't.

I think a fight cap is a great idea. You can only really fight 6 fights an hour anyway without using potions, and you'll start each day with your 20 energy, which is 10 fights. I dont think free time is as big a factor as deep pockets are. I bought my way to the top today. But so what? How many guys on the top of the ladders have bought and paid for armor and weapons. I guess I'll find out if it was worth it.

Aspiring Master
    I think a fight cap is a great idea. You can only really fight 6 fights an hour anyway without using potions, and you'll start each day with your 20 energy, which is 10 fights.
    Interesting here you agree ;-)

I dont think free time is as big a factor as deep pockets are. I bought my way to the top today. But so what? How many guys on the top of the ladders have bought and paid for armor and weapons. I guess I'll find out if it was worth it.
    But your closing statement does not ;-)

But don't you see? That's the problem. We already have an arena to show off how deep someones pockets are. I thought that part of the point of putting us in grey gear was to even the playing field a bit and give us an avenue to see who would come out on top without money being as much of a factor.

Granted, I can see people might start just pumping up there base statistics with trophies, which would then put us back to the whole whoever has the deeper pockets but at least that gets stupid expensive very fast.
    Last edited by Jaradakar; 03-30-2011 at 06:18 PM.