Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OOO... double elimination, that sounds awesome.

I know people seem to have a problem with buying your way to victory, but all these fights at a cost of 2 points each have been helping me hone my fight strategies. Its cheaper than the tavern energy wise. Plus, you only get one shot to be the first black market champion!

I have 3 guys that sit 1-2-3 at the top of where it counts on the leader board.
    Spoken like someone not in the top three at the Black Market "Where it counts" for those interested in the Black Market.

By the way I also have the gladiator with the best record in the black market matches today.........
    Not according to Jimmy you don't.

There is also the gold cost associated with these fights and how long before a manager runs out if they do 100 or more fights per day or decides to back off so they can save up for something.
    100 fights = being available for 10+ hours on and off during the course of the day. I think the vast majority of people have jobs or go to school, sleep on occasion, and eat among other life responsibilities.

Spoken like someone not in the top three at the Black Market "Where it counts" for those interested in the Black Market.
    I could take the bait and just drop about 100 trophies and turn the whole thing into a joke..but I believe that is the complete opposite of what was trying to be built here.

So, with the Black Market Fights, Its just Base Stats and random low level equipment? What about Skill Points? Are they base too?

100 fights = being available for 10+ hours on and off during the course of the day. I think the vast majority of people have jobs or go to school, sleep on occasion, and eat among other life responsibilities.
    Hey, if someone wants to spend 10+ hours so be it, who are you or me or anyone for that matter to tell someone how to spend their time, they don't tell us how to spend our money, right?

I could take the bait and just drop about 100 trophies and turn the whole thing into a joke..but I believe that is the complete opposite of what was trying to be built here.
    Sure, and how many days in a row are you going to do that? Every day? Doubtful. Once the dust settles I think this is going to be a great boon for newbies to learn how to play and a great way for free players to try and win some nice items by spending their time and not money, and yes, for the occasional paying player who wants to be on top, they can spend trophies and try and get to the top that way but they aren't going to do it every day unless the prizes are crazy amazing, because it would be easier to just got buy them instead.

So, with the Black Market Fights, Its just Base Stats and random low level equipment? What about Skill Points? Are they base too?
    As far as I can tell my gladiators still have their skills, base stats and random gray quality items.

No, it seems skill points are used as normal. That is the reason you are fighting gladiators within a given level range of your own gladiator.

Like i said, unless purple or gold gear comes flowing from the black market, spending trophies seems the complete opposite of what these match ups were intended for. If it takes someone 100 fights to hone a gladiators strategy or tactics....they have bigger issues.

I am definitely not fighting guys within my own range. Im a level 21 with a total of less than 40 skill points. Im fighting guys 8 levels higher with over 80 skill points. Somehow, the whole base stats thing seems lessened when everyone is running bonuses from skill points too.

Aspiring Master
    I was very tempted to go nuts and try to win it just out of curiosity on the prize since I don't know if the eventual winner will reveal what he got. But with it ending when it does I'm not getting up early enough to try it. Though I have dropped several trophies because it is kinda cool to play with. It would be nice to see a cap on fights, even if it's something pretty high just so the best manager/warrior wins, not the guy who hit the button the most times. Perhaps Nate has multiple types of tournaments planned.