Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Training Dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    Are you wearing light and the opponent medium, or are you wearing medium and your opponent heavy? Also check the rank, a higher ranked gladiator will have stronger armor even if it is the same type.
    ohh thank u sir, that explains it the higher rank i generally still win when that happens but i was just curious as 2 why it did

So I took first in the Black Market with a young warrior. Lets assume I fought 3 warriors, at around 1000 gold a piece for the 50 fight entry.

First place took home a ~200 gold blue. Granted that was a 'Young' warrior (my latest), but doesn't he deserve better?

On that broken arena day (there were 2 rotations), I took 3rd and received a nice purple leg. Probably a 20-30 trophier.

So what is the game? The reward system seems a bit off.
    I don't think you should try and equate the gold buyback price of an item with the amount you spent in the black market to get it. I've never won yet, but from what I've read here on the boards the winners are given an item that they can use which makes sense as they were the one who won it. From the news page I've seen purple, blue and greens awarded and if you win a purple or a blue you really got a Chamber of Power item with your effort and only gold which means you got it for free. The gold expenditures you and MostlyDifferent are talking about are negligible and easily gotten in a few days or less depending on how many gladiators you run and their levels so from where I'm sitting it looks like a pretty good deal, even better if you win!
    Last edited by Dainoji; 04-11-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Massive shot to HARK's abdomen...The grounds keepers are going to have to work hard to clean up this mess! (+984 Damage)

...and he lives?! What does it take to kill someone!?

just noticed the changes to the black market layout.

I quite like how points are now displayed (saves the hassle of running an excel sheet) and the way the rulings are displayed are very nice and comprehensive.

Keep up the awesome work Nate

on a side note, i'm kinda annoyed that i was 14-1-4 with rarg (lvl12) and then got paired against a lvl 16 three fights in a row and got smashed wish that i hadnt spent tokens on energy now....
    actually, i gotta stop using tokens on a whim and save up for gear :P
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 04-11-2011 at 11:44 PM.

sad panda. was 1st till ~10 mins to go. ended up 2nd and got a blue. i was of the impression that all 3 got purples. if not, oh well...

Stable Servant
    I'm probably gonna win today as a level 9 glad. Hope I get something cool!

Stable Servant
    Worst blue item I've ever seen.

2 minutes for my first black market win. quite excited i am (maybe becouse i didn't sleep much tonight)

if anybody is interested what kind reward waits behind black market fights: i got blue item.

Aspiring Master
    It can vary. I got a purple one day last week, but that is a rarity for me.
    Manager of :
    Deep Hurting (Retired until further notice)
    Bankrupt (Semi-retired): The Wall
    Skull Battalion: Big Bertha, Bloodguzzler, Captain Victory
    Sandbaggers (Semi-retired): Masque