Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Black Market Thoughts

For the amount of trophies some peeps are blowing on Energy Potions I hope the reward fits the expenditure.

I also have seen 2 pretty dominating gladiators, at least that my guys have had a difficult time with.

I have seen a gladiator swinging a 2 handed ball and chain....is that weapon available through the armory? Because that one doesn't show up in mine...i get offered a great sword, great axe and maul.
    Last edited by Team Kaos; 03-30-2011 at 11:46 AM.

It's kind of funny that the best records (on a percentage basis) are not likely to win the contest. It'll be won by whoever has the most real world dollars to blow on potions.....even if the actual gladiator is subpar.

You could also make the point that whoever has the most time in one day to continually fight could just as easily get to the top. I'll cop to buying my way up there today. I wouldnt do it again though.

More thoughts flowing.

The result that we are seeing halfway through the day is of a particular manager(s) pumping trophies into Energy Potions to maintain the most wins and therefore remain the top seed...isn't that the exact opposite of why everyone pleaded for such matches. To eliminate the trophy spending managers from gaining the advantage by "buying" wins?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to base the leader board by winning % rather then wins? And based on matches fought daily, group the gladiators accordingly. Basically you would group gladiators that battled between 1-10 matches, 11-20, 21-30 and so forth or some something comparable...so you don't get managers that fight a warrior once get a win and call it quits for a 100% win/loss on the day.

Team Kaos, how did I know you'd be the first to post your thoughts, and your thoughts would be of a whinny nature. I popped on a little after two o'clock in the morning after last night's turn and the pit fights were running, so they've been up for almost twelve hours. With the number of fights some people have now no potions would be required if they work in front of a computer all day and just hit the fight button every ten minutes. Funny you should mention dominating gladiators, but I guess when they aren't yours its different, right? As far as I can tell you aren't wearing armory items, if you were their durability would be infinite which it is not, so they are just crappy gray items.

Werelion, what should the best records be based on? Percentage? So if I fight one time and go 1-0-0 I'll have 100%, should I now be the winner?

Nate, love the pit fights, now I can have my fix anytime I want, thanks for that! Any time frame on when Jimmy's shop will open up?

Yeah, thats a good thought. Even easier, but somehow less rewarding, would be to have everyone who wants to fight "enter" the fighters group for that day, then they all fight each other the same amount of times in an automated fashion. Say the fights start every 15 minutes, so there are 96 fights a day. Then you can use best win percentage.

I currently have two fighters that have won 4x more fights than they've lost with one having over 40 wins but there's noway I'll finish in the top three unless I gulp down potions non-stop. A scale ranking fighters by win percentage based on number of fights fought would be nice to see. It would also be nice to 'win' by having the best gladiator or best strategy and not the biggest wallet (and yes I've contributed a few dollars to the Power Chamber). The fighting pretty much whenver part is fun however and I'm looking foreward to the balck market store.

Another thought based on Adam's post. A double elimination tourney (with base equipment) set on character level would be very cool and equitable across the board.

Why are you guys assuming people are buying potions? Just hit the button every ten minutes and you'll rack up fights and you still have to win those fights to have a chance of being in the top, and those wins come from your strategy and gladiator build, not your gear, and that is what some people were bitching about. But I guess with that problem solved we all need a new issue to bitch about. The way I see the current set up is free players can spend their TIME to try and get to the top and win prizes without spending real world dollars and paying players can spend their trophies to try and get to the top if they don't want to spend their time, seems like a good deal for both sides if you ask me. There is also the gold cost associated with these fights and how long before a manager runs out if they do 100 or more fights per day or decides to back off so they can save up for something.

Personally, I couldn't care how many trophies you pump into today's matches or how many hours you have stared into a computer screen.
    But the point of the armory only matches was for people to get a better idea of who had the best pure fighters...not who could accumulate the most wins.

I have 3 guys that sit 1-2-3 at the top of where it counts on the leader board.

But to each his own.

By the way I also have the gladiator with the best record in the black market matches today.........

Werelion, what should the best records be based on? Percentage? So if I fight one time and go 1-0-0 I'll have 100%, should I now be the winner?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to base the leader board by winning % rather then wins? And based on matches fought daily, group the gladiators accordingly. Basically you would group gladiators that battled between 1-10 matches, 11-20, 21-30 and so forth or some something comparable...so you don't get managers that fight a warrior once get a win and call it quits for a 100% win/loss on the day