Squid boost on gauntlet run capped at 350?

This is the first time I tried the squid boost on the gauntlet.

Was running Neera, picked x5 squid boost, so it was 150 per round, did 2 rounds on grey(so 300 squids), went to spend the squids, and saw only 350, when I thought I had more than 50 squids on Neera before...

To make sure, I went to try the same thing on Hubba.
    I checked Hubba had 179 squids first.
    Then picked x5 squid, did 2 rounds on grey, earned 300 squids, went to check, and only showed 350 squids... he should've had 479 squids, didn't add up.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 01-12-2014 at 11:59 PM.

The squids have been capped at 350 from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    The squids have been capped at 350 from the start.
    I think the cap was around 900+ at the start.

With this cap the squid boost is pointless. You win squids but they are lost since you always go above the cap. The only boost that is worth is the Gauntlet Discount and Reset Ally Cooldowns in some cases. But when you use it you also have to buy energy to finish in time. So the price is more like 40 trophies not 8. If this saves you lets say 1 200 000 g then it is like buying 30 000 g per trophy. But this is worth only if you want to gear FAST.

To match this you have to win 180 000 g from 3 rolls in the Street Games from squids (or maybe 2 rolls because you lose bonus squids due to low cap). Yes there are some micro chances to win Legendary item or BGP but this is not reliable.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 01-13-2014 at 03:23 AM.

With this cap the squid boost is pointless. You win squids but they are lost since you always go above the cap.
    Uh, just spend them once you hit 300, it really isn't that difficult. You might lose out on 50-100 squids a few times when doing nightmare runs but that really isn't that big of a deal when you are earning them that much faster.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 01-13-2014 at 04:48 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Well, I didn't know that... now I do.

Does that mean regular squids are also capped at 350 now? or still 900+?

The most squids a glad can have is 350 regardless of how he gets them.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

With this cap the squid boost is pointless. You win squids but they are lost since you always go above the cap.
    Uh, just spend them once you hit 300, it really isn't that difficult. You might lose out on 50-100 squids a few times when doing nightmare runs but that really isn't that big of a deal when you are earning them that much faster.
    Dainoji is right , its not that difficult to spend them as you get them, Ive done this many times. But its also true youll loose out on some squids, and generally spending thropies on squid boost is kind of a luxuary.

The most squids a glad can have is 350 regardless of how he gets them.
    think ive seen over 350 when you get squids with the daily log in bonus.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I was wondering what happened to all those squids when trying out the gauntlet this weekend, i had no idea there was a cap. Good to know!

The thing that most surprised me about the gauntlet though really is how mouse click/keyboard press intensive it is, I mean lets break it down:

To start round 1 and 2 you have 2 mouse clicks to pick an ally, then 1 to click the fight button, rounds 3 - 10 add 5 clicks to buy energy - that is 70 total clicks/presses
    Each round has 10 fights (10 rounds, so 100 fights total), each fight is a min of pressing the end key to get to the bottom of the page and this pressing fight again - that is 200 clicks/presses (if you win every fight)
    At the end of each round you have to accept the prize and then continue to the next rounds so 20 clicks/presses there

So if you where to win every fight and not need to refresh allies you'd look at 290 mouse clicks/button presses per gauntlet run, if it averages you 3 attempts per fight to win that would go up to 490, averaging 5 attempts per fight to win would be 1090 mouse clicks/button presses.

One of my favorite updates was when Nate added the 2 trophies to do all your tavern fights, its a similar set up where those 2 trophies save you a good amount of clicks.

I think this could benefit from the same type of trophie boost where you would "fight till you win" on each round for some trophie cost. This would remove the "Each Round" click cost, and bring a run of the gauntlet to right under 100 clicks/button presses. I know me and my carpal tunnel would enjoy that.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Boosting squids with trophies is a bit of a luxury, I agree, I was only trying them out since I never tried before. I'm the type that always wants to try everything, at least once.

As for the click-intensity, I just swap my mouse to the other hand, it's good to be born left-handed and can use both hands.

The system is actually good and offers balance between speed/price on different levels. The more the speed the more the price. It can be run from entirely free to entirely on trophies. It is up to each player to decide which is the most efficient way for him. Time is money.