Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Blood Gods Season 5 Winner: Arrrrrghpirate from Stable Sotc!

Please join me in congratulating Arrrrrghpirate from Stable Sotc for winning the Blood Gods Season 5 Tournament with a record of 822 - 86 - 29!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Grats again! Interesting how many consecutive wins will we see .

Gratz on yet another #1 spot, to be honest I've given up on getting to first place unless Arrrrrgh drops to an 80% or so winrate but I don't see that happening soon
    Let's see what Belca does with twin hammers for the first couple of weeks though

Arrrgh is quite beatable, however most of the builds in Blood Games are pathetic against speed Theatrics by design (the rock-scissor-paper thing).

Oh I agree on that completely Kreegan, the better batch of my glads have all beaten him more than just once or twice. As soon as hamstring doesn't hit it's target the odds of winning rise massively
    But exactly because the most builds in blood gods are like this it isn't of much use to try right now with the best choice being just trying to make your gladiator an all-round badass

Just took a good look at the new format, kindof disapointed that I am spread out over all 5 patron gods, no cheering for 1 or 2 anymore for me so I guess I'll treat this season like before the patron gods were introduced
    Last edited by Prinny; 01-08-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks guys. Yeah I noticed that too Prinny. I guess Nate gave up on the same stable under the same Patron God idea.

Congrats Sotc!

kindof disapointed that I am spread out over all 5 patron gods
    Aren't you the one who said you liked fighting you own glads and were unhappy when they all got put on the same team in the first place?

I guess Nate gave up on the same stable under the same Patron God idea.
    Do you blame him after all the crying and whining from last season? I sure don't. There are 75 glads and 5 teams and it looks like each team got 15 gladiators each with a mix of good and bad glads. Let's see what we can complain about this time around!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Oh I don't mind fighting my own glads Dain not at all, I rather like that part!
    It's just that this way the Patron Blood gods are kindof redundant to me since I am spread out over all 5 of them

How successful the redistribution is will be shown in 1-2 weeks, however the current Blood Gods formula is to have the "all-around badass" that Pinny mentions in order to ensure that your fighter will get a place among the top spots and that disqualifies many builds in the bracket which just lose against their counter-builds nearly all the time. So trying to develop something which hits fast and bypasses armour seems to be the safest bet right now, it's the closest thing to kill-'em-all that we have with the current mechanics.

I guess Nate gave up on the same stable under the same Patron God idea.
    A sound idea, implemented in a stupid way. Whats the point of teams when your part of all of them? The good solutions would`ve been to take away the teams entirerly.

Let's see what we can complain about this time around!
    thats easy, the once cool idea of team competition has been reduced to a silly random bgp generator. I and I guess most others will have a few glads getting points and the bulk will not. I`m sorry but I cant feel anything but indifference to the whole team concept atm.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.