Thread: axes and maces

axes and maces

I have a fighter now that uses axes and maces, is it bad to mix it up? What do I use for fight strategy if I have a mace in one hand and an axe in the other, slash or bash?

Axes are a bashing weapon and so are maces. The difference is a mace will smash what it hits and a axe will chop it. A slashing motion is for swords where you try and draw as much of the blade across the target as possible. Axes wouldn't do that very well. Use Bash!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I have to disagree...Axes work well with both Slash and Bash according to my experience. The difference is that Slash is more efficient against light armor and cause more bleeding, while Bash suffers less from armor deflection and is more efficient against heavy armor. So depending of circonstances and your glad profile, it might be more interesting to use one or the other...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Two-handed axes work with Bash only, Slash will only make your gladiator do weird things. One-handed axes work with both, however Slash deals considerably lower damage against Medium and Heavy armour. Like Narol said though, it can also increase your bleeding ouput so with some tweaking you can combine both styles with good results.

The original question is what to do if equipped with both axes and maces and since maces only bash, bashing is his only option. Maybe slash will kind of work with an axe but it won't work for a mace.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris