Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Actually the speciality also seems to factor in. When trying to have belca hit 3 times with his hammers instead of 2-3 I switched him to full light armour whilst keeping his stats near the same lvl. His encumbrance decreased from 46% to 8% (or something along those lines ) yes third attacks occured no more than they did in full heavy~

By that token, has anyone seen a glad increase its # of attacks with more agility? I have only seen activity level affect # of attacks.

I've seen some effect on fast one-handed weapons but nothing on the heavy tools.

According to agility description it increases the number of attacks. Probably there is some cap of numbers of attacks and when you reach it additional stacking doesn't help get additional attacks. On the other hand when increasing a stat which is less than 100 the changes are significant. As example with 60-70 presence the gladiator seems to die too often but with 90-100 it is significantly less. Increasing agility from 65 to 95 will change the number of attacks but from 265 to 295 I think it won't . The diminishing returns probably start once you are above 100 and they may be increased above 200 or whatever number it is. We can only guess.

So I finally had a bit of time to run the numbers at around 7PM 12/12/13. I really hope I significantly miscalculated somewhere.

15 light blue 15285 1019/glad '1394'
    15 yellow 11946 796/glad '1052'
    20 purple 11169 558/glad '903'
    11 red 15971 1451/glad '771'
    10 dark blue 9043 904/glad '352'

Members, team color, total points accrued, avg points per glad, 'team ranking'

dark blue, red, purple, and yellow will all take an even greater hit once oedi's stables go dark. Further skewing the stats in light blue's favor.

Nate, can you explain how this 'team ranking' is fair? It looks to me like the number of glads is a pretty huge factor; the only way to reliably gain more is by coming in last. It seems rather backwards (and against the spirit of competition) to need to tank your rating in order to have a better shot at improving your team score.
    Last edited by Sotc; 12-12-2013 at 07:01 PM.

I encourage you to re-read my previous two posts on how the Patron Blood God Teams work as everything is explained there. A team with less gladiators will need to have a higher (sometimes much higher) w/l to compete with a team with more gladiators. Teams with less gladiators were generally given more higher performing gladiators and teams with more gladiators had mostly middle and low performing gladiators. If those higher performing gladiators aren't performing as well as they did last Season or the under performing gladiators on their team are performing worse than last season then their team standing won't be as competitive. This is entirely possible since the field of opponents is different this season. A player going inactive is an entirely different matter and can not be accounted for which is why Seasons are only two months long and reset to minimize the impact of such events. The best way to gain more points is to increase your w/l this is true for all teams and crucial for smaller teams. What's an easy way to increase your w/l? Help out the low performing gladiators on your team. Talk with their masters via chat, in-game messages, the forums, etc. Work together, be a team. The higher your w/l the more points your team will get, it is not linear.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

SOTC if you read my previous post I think it was a reply to Prinny, youll see that my predictions how the ranking works was pretty accurate with number of wins being most important, but youll need a positive w/l to come in first so I still cant really see the benifit of getting young glads added to your team. It might be fair, but the whole thing looks rather backwards to me aswell.

once oedi's stables go dark
    thats not gonna happen since I still frequenly log in all my teams.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Help out the low performing gladiators on your team. Talk with their masters via chat, in-game messages, the forums, etc. Work together, be a team.
    Nate, what you are talking about is strategy and planning but I can't really see how it can be applied to Blood Gods. You can't pick your fights (no challenges), you will always face the same rotating opponents until new additions to the bracket arrive - which will only add a few extra fights to the same "schedule" anyway - and you will certainly lose a huge amount of battles until you re-equip your fighters, except if you have discovered some build which nobody is prepared against (and the chances for something like that are getting smaller and smaller every day). I personally like the "patron god" affinity but "fair" and "balance" have nothing to do with Blood Gods right now.

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    thats not gonna happen since I still frequenly log in all my teams.
    Glad to hear that. I had the impression you were going inactive.
    Last edited by Sotc; 12-13-2013 at 04:26 AM.

As always I'm happy to entertain suggestions and alternatives if you find yourself not enjoying the current format. If the suggestion makes sense and is doable in a short period of time we'll make it happen, if it is not, then we'll put it on the shelf and come back for it at a later time. You are welcome to post your ideas on the forum or send them to me as a PM.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-