Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Oedi stopped fighting his glads after Nate explained how the teams were created.
    Thats probably true, but even though im not very satisfied by how the new 5 faction system was implemented, thats minor details i easily couldve lived with.
    My major concern is how you buy slaves and equipment. I sent nate an angry pm, calling his design evil, didnt get any reply
    It hit me hard in the end of last season when i finally got the rating to buy a weapon I wanted for Lord Brutish. After almost 400 refresh without finding the weapon I wanted, the insanity of it all took me and I quit a few days later. I do not mind paying, but I need to be able to calculate about how much it will cost me to buy something. I do not like gambling very much, and this is just a big roulette table were you dont know how many numbers your playing against when you chose youre one number.
    And the more you put into it the less likely your able to quit because youll always want something to show for your effort.
    Bottom line is, nate designed it to work like this, I got hooked, and now I need to stop until something is changed about how it works.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I sent nate an angry pm, calling his design evil, didnt get any reply
    Nate hasn't replied to a few of my PMs recently either which is why I asked him to check them in my previous message. I doubt it has anything to do with the content of your message. He's probably just busy or away right now.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I definitely sympathize with Oedi, I've spent many, many trophies refreshing to find a particular item (shields/exotics are the worst). The fact that the trophy cost of a weapon set is so wholly dependent to the RNG is truly frustrating. If you could at least have an option to browse categories like shields/blades/2Hers etc it might make more sense from a ease of use standpoint as well as a flavor standpoint (I imagine that a blacksmith would show you a selection of his swords if you are looking to buy a blade rather than pointing you over to a barrel crammed full of hodgepodge random weapons).
    Last edited by Sotc; 12-03-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Well, what's new about this? The situation was the same when getting good purple gear was everyone's aim in Primus. You may want to equip a War and the blacksmith would keep selling light armour for more than a week (I actually brought that point once, when the Rages like Belgarad were at their peak - that finding a good gear for Rage is much easier than for War or Theatrics). Or you may be looking for something to boost some Strength/Stamina build and the Blacksmith would keep selling Presence and Chi items.

The problem, in my opinion, is not that the items get randomized too much but that certain gear is nigh useless for nearly all good builds you can think of. Why would you need tons of Chi on a piece of heavy armour? Or 10+ intellect on a leather piece? Or why does Endurance cost more than Stamina when calculating the attribute bonuses of a particular piece when Stamina increases both Health and Endurance + boosts the efficiency of some skills and even seems to reduce encumbrance? Things like that result in a large amount of useless or just marginally useful weapon/armour pieces > more clicking > more frustration. And I don't even spend trophies in the Blacksmith 99% of the time .

Quote Originally Posted by Sotc View Post
    I definitely sympathize with Oedi, I've spent many, many trophies refreshing to find a particular item (shields/exotics are the worst).
    And you don't want to know the amount of refresh to get decent slave for these items. The Mercs are just "side rolls" of getting one. I probably had enough slaves to fill two stables or more with decent gladiators until I found one. But this is the drawback of my will to run specific type of gladiator instead of just picking the first random decent slave and running whatever type of gladiator he is suitable for.

Sorry Dainoji, I'm actually in the middle of moving so the past week has been full of packing boxes and organizing their transport across the city which has left little time for checking messages and the like. I'll do my best to respond later this week.

I'm afraid I don't have any messages from you Oedi, the last PM I have from you is dated the end of October. If you would like to compose another and send it I'd be happy to read it and reply when time permits.

As I mentioned I'm in the middle of moving but when things settle down I'll be happy to reply to the concerns some have raised. In the meantime...

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

found an auto save resent it, im afraid I was a bit passionate when i wrote it
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I can sympathize with the guys about the refreshing through the blacksmith, but it's a normal part of the game and a certain degree of RNG is probably necessary, as long as it doesn't get too crazy I can live with it.
    But really I guess I just never had the bad luck of not finding anything with 400 refreshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Why would you need tons of Chi on a piece of heavy armour? Or 10+ intellect on a leather piece?
    Actually those items you mentioned are not as useless as you think. Although there are items I would never use either, but I don't want to be too adamant about it because someone might be able to find a different way of setting things up and have it work.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 12-05-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Well, if someone manages to make a War who stacks Chi work well in the upper brackets, I'll take this back. At this point I can't see that happening in any realistic scenario, given the current system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Well, if someone manages to make a War who stacks Chi work well in the upper brackets, I'll take this back. At this point I can't see that happening in any realistic scenario, given the current system.
    *Cough* Asatsuo def war 158 Chi, Belca Noctircus off 2H war 164 Chi. Ranked 13th and 14th at this moment~ I would say that amount of chi can only be attained by actually stacking the stuff wouldn't you agree?