Well, what's new about this? The situation was the same when getting good purple gear was everyone's aim in Primus. You may want to equip a War and the blacksmith would keep selling light armour for more than a week (I actually brought that point once, when the Rages like Belgarad were at their peak - that finding a good gear for Rage is much easier than for War or Theatrics). Or you may be looking for something to boost some Strength/Stamina build and the Blacksmith would keep selling Presence and Chi items.

The problem, in my opinion, is not that the items get randomized too much but that certain gear is nigh useless for nearly all good builds you can think of. Why would you need tons of Chi on a piece of heavy armour? Or 10+ intellect on a leather piece? Or why does Endurance cost more than Stamina when calculating the attribute bonuses of a particular piece when Stamina increases both Health and Endurance + boosts the efficiency of some skills and even seems to reduce encumbrance? Things like that result in a large amount of useless or just marginally useful weapon/armour pieces > more clicking > more frustration. And I don't even spend trophies in the Blacksmith 99% of the time .