Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up New Update 11/18/2013: Blood Gods Team Rankings & Chamber of Power Gear Changes

Greetings Pit Masters!

I'm happy to announce a few cool changes have just gone live. The first change is to the Patron Blood God Team Rankings which are now reset each week creating 8 mini-tournaments within the larger 8 week season. Prizes of extra BGP for the top team at the end of each week remains the same. Had a bad week? Top team seems impossible to catch? No problem, next week starts off fresh!

The way the team rankings are calculated are now identical to how individual gladiator rankings are calculated instead of weighting individual gladiators based on the number of fights they have done for their team. This will have the result of seeing a higher rating per team than in the past and all teammates being considered equal. In essence your team is now a "super" gladiator representing the sum total of all of its members wins, losses, kills and deaths. Almost like those animations where all the little robots come together to form the super awesome fun amazing bad ass giant robot of ultimate power to defeat the strange mutant monster of the week! Except it's gladiators forming an abstract construct in a make believe world meant to represent...er...never mind, I'm sure you get it!

The last change is to the rating requirements for the Chamber of Power's Legendary gear. Rating requirements have been lowered: Weapons are now set at 2000 and 1000 for armour.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Both changes are nice Nate. Thank you!

I also give this a +1! Thanks Nate!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Good stuff!

5 factions and weekly competions for the bonus bgp good stuff
    The new rating tresholds looks to easy, why would anyone except those getting in late buy purples?

I have a question. Why did you have to spread each managers teams around? I initially thought it was to not have to many teams in one faction, and to avoid to big a difference in glads in the factions. Neither seems to be an issue since we got factions with 6 teams and the difference between biggest and smallest faction is as many as 11 glads. I must admit that I loved having all my teams fighting for one patron god
    To avoid any confusion ill let you all know that my allegiance lies with Drajaka-Zul, other glads are just on grind and i dont give them extra achievements(except for a few exceptions )
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Nate I really think you need to explain why your made the factions like youve done them, I can atleast not understand the logic behind it. We got a new team in blood gods this week and you/system has put that new team in the faction with already most teams and most gladiators, why?

Pink faction are now 20 gladiators from 7 teams

Light blue faction are now 15 gladiators from 5 teams

Red faction are now 11 gladiators from 5 teams

Yellow faction are now 14 gladiators from 4 teams

Dark blue faction are now 8 gladiators from 2 teams

I would like an explanation aswell. The way the stables are scored since last week have been bugging me somehow. I can't put my finger on it but something seemed off, it might have been the team distribution that oedi pointed out

I can't put my finger on it but something seemed off
    Nate said it himself its like the regular gladiator ranking, and that favors lots of wins(kills) before w/L, so a large faction with a positive W/L will beat a smaller faction with a better W/L. A small faction can win if they get a lot better W/L.

Patron Blood God teams are designed with balance as the priority. The individual gladiator ratings from last season were used to create the new teams so the end result was more or less 5 equal teams in terms of rating points earning potential. Gladiators from the same stable were placed on the same team (per the community's request) which created some very powerful teams (i.e. Drajaka-Zul) with no or very few weak links, so to compensate other teams had to make up the difference in numbers (Rylok-Zul for example with numerous weak links). The net effect is the 5 teams stay competitive because they are more evenly matched which is desirable and ultimately more interesting and fun in the long run. Gladiators promoted to Blood Gods from Primus are placed on the same team as their stablemates and if they are the first of their stable to enter Blood Gods they are placed on the last place team for the week as that team needs the extra points the most to stay competitive.

Blood Gods is not a closed system tournament with a fixed number of combatants (that is the Blood Games), Blood Gods is an open system tournament that has to take into account new arrivals, gladiators retiring and balance. Straight w/l ratio is not the sole factor in the Blood Gods because it is an open system tournament. A gladiator with 1 fight and 1 win would have a 100% w/l ratio. Thus, number of fights and w/l ratio are used along with kills and deaths to create a final rating. The frequent change in team rankings throughout the week is evidence the system is working well keeping all 5 teams more or less in the running which at the end of the day is more fun and exciting for everyone. While a team stacked with awesome gladiators winning day after day and week after week would be fun for 1 or 2 people, it would be very boring for the rest of the players.

Patron Blood God teams is really a meta game addition until the player base grows large enough to where it can self assemble guilds/clans with multiple relatively powerful factions that can compete with one another and then at that point perhaps a grizzly hands off killer tournament can be added. But first conquests gets implemented!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

if they are the first of their stable to enter Blood Gods they are placed on the last place team for the week as that team needs the extra points the most to stay competitive.
    If you think adding a new glad to a group of loosers will add to their points you do not understand your own ranking system very well. What will happen now is that all other better factions will have a new punching ball, who they most certainly will have a 90% w/l against, which in turn will boost their ranking, and the few points the new glad himself will get will be nothing in comparison. If you put that new glad on the winning team, it actually would make sense.