Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Um... what's up with the arena battle outcomes?

Well hello there. I'm not quite sure if I'm right or wrong, so I'm quite hesitant about posting, but this has happened already one too many times so I cannot ignore it. It was kinda ok with other slaves that were not much, but I recently got this great one who has a great score that unfortunately gets "punished" by what seems to me as unfair defeats. Let me show you what I mean...

Note: This is the blow by blow view

wtf.jpg

As you could probably tell both gladiators are on low health, yet mine has more than his opponent, not to mention the opponent is bleeding... neither of them has low stamina, yet the bleeding gladiator with the much less healthpoints takes the match. Why? Is the enforcer high on something or is there something that I do not understand about how the game works? This has happened a bunch of times but this time I was just too annoyed to let it go. There are just so many times I can let it slip :P At least can someone explain to me what is wrong here? If my thoughts that I should be the victor are wrong, I'd like to at least know why.
    Last edited by Arundir; 10-30-2013 at 02:26 PM.

A few possibilities:
    Your opponent was going to swing before you next round, and the swing would have killed you, so enforcer stops it and calls the match in your opponent's favour.
    Your opponent either has higher presence, or grim determination skill trained, that made the enforcer lean in his favour when both of you are in critical health - even if his absolute hp is lower than yours.

But if it's happening to you a lot, then I guess your glad have low presence.

Some of the flavour text isn't just for show either, judging by the fact your opponent has a zealous fan run out to greet him at the end of battle, I presume the crowd just don't like you.(with your presence) :P
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 10-30-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Well I don't know if that's the case really. I guess what you say makes absolute sense, but on the other hand I doubt it's the case. First of all, in the battle you just saw the opponent is a War gladiator, while mine is Theatrics. I don't know what's the range of stats when it comes to how you can see your opponent stats, but it doesn't seem to be something extraordinary. I mean it shows as "good" and my gladiator has 82 presence on lvl 11... so I actually think I have greater presence.

On the other hand, that explains some of the other cases of this incident. In fact it tended to happen on a War gladiator with indeed low presence. But I still find it unreasonable in this case.

its also based off the percentage of life left. a glad on 200/2000hp will be considered to be on lower health than a glad on 200/1700hp.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

As apoc said it's also based on total health, Belca has over 2700 health now and lost numerous times with 600-700 health left.
    Basicly the enforcer is an ass

While this is also understandable, if you check the screenshot my gladiator has higher "current health" and lower total health, thus by far higher percentage of health... It keeps making no sense xD But yes I agree with you, the enforcer is an ass indeed :P

given enough fights you will see it all

ive lost fights with my opponet at 0 endurance, ive lost fights with my opponent at 0 health, ive lost fights when my guy has 10 times the health of the opponent all because the enforcer want to save my guy from certain death

All this means is that when your closing in to 0 health the dice start rolling, and to make those rolls in your favor you can stack presence and learn grim determination. Think those 2 are the most important factors to be able to stay in the fight long enough that hopefully the enforcer decides your opponent deserves to loose
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Yeah... I haven't seen all the things that you described but I've seen some. I've been on the game (on and off) for almost 2 years but I'm still trying to figure out the details. The mechanics seem to be rather complicated, so the deeper I dig the more questions pop up...

Grim Determination you say... I was thinking about that but I was always unsure about it. Staying longer on the arena floor means that you risk more of being killed though?

And as a last question (even if this might not be the best place for asking something like that - and I apologise for violating the subject of the thread since we are no longer discousing bugs) since we cannot see any information on the skills other than a general description, how can you tell what the difference is between ranks? I mean to see good results you need to go all the way to 10 or is it worth spending your points on skills without maxing them?

the efficiency of skills is quite exponental and there is a big jump between rank 9 and rank 10 so it's usually better to have 10 skills all maxed up to rank 10 than more skills not all fully matched... There may be a few exceptions for some very special builds but to really see the full power of a skill you really need to max it up to rank 10.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Thanks a lot for the answers Cheers!