Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Next Blood Gods Season

Greetings Pit Masters!

The new season is almost upon us and I would like to hear from you on what you would like to see.

For now the plan is to expand to 5 patron gods which means smaller teams (about 13 gladiators per team) offering more variety in who you will fight and when creating the teams I plan to start with the #1 ranked gladiator and assign him/her to team A, then gladiator #2 is assigned to Team B, #3 to Team C and so on.

Questions I have for you are as follows:

1) Do you want to keep it as it is now where you do not fight your teammates or would you like to fight your teammates?
    2) Do you want to keep gladiators from the same stable on the same teams? This may or may not be possible when trying to balance the teams.

If you have any other suggestions or feedback feel free to include it. If it is something that will take a lot of programming time understand it won't happen until after conquests. Thanks for your input!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

i would put the best and the worst gladiator in team A, then the 2. ranked gladiaor and the 2. worst gladiator in team B and so on. i think itīs fine that you can not fight your own teammates, but i wouldnīt put gladiators from the same stable in one team, maybe when it work with the system that i explain, i would put gladiators from the same stable in one group.

greetings from germany
    flashhammer

- I would agree with Flash. Otherwise 1st, 6th, 11th, 16th, 21st glads in team A would on paper be much superior to the 5th, 10th,15th, 20th, 25th ones in team E.
    - If one stable from a team goes inactive for some reason then with 'all glads from one stable in one team' approach that team may have to fight with only 8 glads which may further weaken the team.

Regards
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 10-28-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Combine my 2 stables under blood god Laharl

When the next season starts i expect to have 18-19 blood gods and I would love to have them all fight for 1 patron god. If thats not possible I would prefer that stables dont get split up between different patron gods.
    That gladiators from 1 patron god dont fight each other seems resonable, and Ive learned to appreciate that its like that.
    I still think its a good idea to just use the x top gladiators on each team for ranking purposes. X for next season could be 15, its 65 glads in blood gods right now and with some more recruits and maybe a few retirements my guess would be that we end up with about 75 blood gods when the next season starts. That would let young blood gods that get their promotion after the start of the new season would get some time to adjust before they take part in the actual team ranking.
    Maybe that also would help when a team goes inactive, it has happened twice in this season both times with huge impact on the team score to the better.

When picking the teams i suggest that you make a ranking based on the last 100 or 150 fights(if possible ), and then make a team ranking to seed teams to each patron god.
    Last edited by oedi; 10-28-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

that team may have to fight with only 8 glads which may further weaken the team.
    It might not be good for the team but its a great deal for the individual gladiator as they will get a lot more fights, and as the rankings work now volume of wins beat a better w/l ratio
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Randomize each week? Not exactly very flavorful but its pretty effective. atleast until we get team captains and a seasonal draft
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death

I am not too fussed at this stage. I think I'll be quite happy with there being 5 teams,

BTW I'm probably going to retire Sly and Jackie at the end of the season.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Another option would be to add up all the ranking points at the end of the season divide it by the number of patron blood gods we'll have next season and then using a gladiator's ranking points as his cost build teams that way. There is already precedence for this style of draft as Warhammer does this when building an army, each unit is worth a certain amount of points and there is a cap for the army. So if you want one giant bad ass demon you can have him, but he'll use up a lot of your points and you will have to fill up the rest with smaller units. We could do the same thing here. Teams won't have the same number of gladiators on it, but that might not be that big of a deal. It is true that number of fights helps your ranking, but your w/l is just as important as well.

This method could also be a precursor to allowing us to create our own teams since the rules would be pretty simple and it would prevent hugely lopsided teams since a cap is in place.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    Another option would be to add up all the ranking points at the end of the season divide it by the number of patron blood gods we'll have next season and then using a gladiator's ranking points as his cost build teams that way. There is already precedence for this style of draft as Warhammer does this when building an army, each unit is worth a certain amount of points and there is a cap for the army. So if you want one giant bad ass demon you can have him, but he'll use up a lot of your points and you will have to fill up the rest with smaller units. We could do the same thing here. Teams won't have the same number of gladiators on it, but that might not be that big of a deal. It is true that number of fights helps your ranking, but your w/l is just as important as well.

This method could also be a precursor to allowing us to create our own teams since the rules would be pretty simple and it would prevent hugely lopsided teams since a cap is in place.
    I <3 Warhammer 40k
    Stable: Zombie

This is the Refer a Freind program link if you would like to be recruited by me please click this link. If you need any advice on gladiator management feel free to message me through the forums or my Stable "Zombie" in game and i will help as much as i can. Thank You ^_^

Legends:
    CaineDeSoulis: Primus Champion
    Prey: Undisputed Primus Champion
    Tourach:Primus Contender
    Sedris: Lord of Death