Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stun

I'm not saying that it should work every time but it will be good if it at least always deals damage when the skill is maxed (same for Barreling Attack). It's hardly overpowered if your gladiator actually injures the opponent with a successful attack.

Even if the stun is resisted often times you land a can not defend crit which can be pretty debilitating for defensive war and theatrics glads.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Can Not Defend is nice in theory but in practice it only works for gladiators with fast weapons. A War with maces/axes, heavy swords or a 2H weapon sees next to no benefit from it because of the low amount of attacks per round (1-2 usually, quite rarely 3) and the effect from Can Not Defend is gone at the beginning of the next round (except in the very rare cases when the effect lasts for 2 rounds).

So let's bring this back to the table - War Cry is worthless in its current form. Reasons:
    1. The stun chance seems to be generally lower than the chance for a "regular" stun triggered by a critical hit. A successful stun resulting from War Cry is a very rare sight;
    2. There is a skill which reduces the chance to get stunned and a race with native stun resistance, further reducing the usefulness of War Cry;
    3. The Can Not Defend effect is pretty weak, whether it will trigger or not will hardly change anything;
    4. The greatest fault of the skill however is that it will not deal damage in some 1/3 of the cases which on top of the above is the real deal-breaker. I can certainly say that I've lost twice more fights because of non-damaging, resisted War Cry (up to 3 times per battle!) than I've won when it decided to work properly. This thing alone not only makes the skill inefficient, it actually even hurts your gladiator's performance;
    5. And finally, with the current rounds, a War Cry triggering at the end of the round, even if successful, wields no benefits at all because its effect will expire at the beginning of the next round, save maybe some 2-round long Can Not Defend.
    I think I have the only gladiator in Blood Gods with War Cry (that's how popular it is) and if it wasn't for the turned pyramid unlearning system, I would've disposed of it long ago - but currently this would mean losing Create Distance for quite some time... Frankly, I'll probably do it in the near future if there is no sign that the skill be re-worked, even if this means a month or so of even worse performance. This is not the way to go however, War Cry just needs to be fixed. Any chance for this to happen?

1122 used to have war cry
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Mid Boss used to have it aswell

Soon we'll have the complete list of gladiators who used to have War Cry but no longer do.

Probably the worse skill in the game. The only situation I can imagine it can be good is if some kind of fast hitting war is fighting defense stacker. Probably war with fastest axe main hand (for strenght based weapon since the skill is strenght based ) and fastest shield off-hand (for more hits per round).

Still doesn't make much sense to me because even if we assume cannot defend lower the defense significantly the gladiator still must break this defense to score the war cry hit. But if he is able to score the war cry hit than he don't really need war cry .

And there are so many gladiators who don't care if they cannot defend...

I tried Seraph Zurell as a dual wield sword war based on war cry. Terrible. Boy do I regret that now...I have to retrain 4 skills from level 10 to zero.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Nate, can you comment? Something along the lines "War Cry works as intended" or "it can use some improvement" will suffice.