Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stun

Stun

I could be wrong on this, but it seems like if you stun your opponent at the very end of a round it essentially has no effect. The round ends right after your hit and the stun is wiped away at the beginning of the next round. I'm not exactly sure what the best solution is to this, but it seems like the stun should not be tied to rounds and should instead be tied to how many attacks you lose after the stun. So a stun at the end of a round would cause the stunned to lose just as many attacks as a stun at the beginning of a round.

stun.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trebecs; 10-13-2013 at 07:33 AM.

having it tied to attacks lost would give the advantage to glads that have huge agility and swing a lot.

TBH i'd leave it as is because stun is still OP :P Nearly every time I see a glad get stunned, they lose.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I guess I shouldn't have said attacks lost, but more % of attacks lost. Similar to hamstring, except they would be consecutive and could carry over into the next round.

lost % of attacks + unable to defend for that duration sounds ok.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

If there was an actual timer we could simply tie it to time, ie 2 secs or whatever.

I think it works well as it is now, if you want to get the full effect you also need to be fast. Its nothing like jumping out of the start block, stun your opponent and breeze in for an easy win.
    Stun do not need to be stronger, if anything I will agree with Apoc its still a bit on the powerful side.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I wouldn't argue that it needs to be more powerful either. Maybe more consistent, but my big issue is the notion that this is some sort of gentleman's fight. It is somewhat implied that a gladiator is going to take a break at the end of a round to grab some water and let his opponent recover from a stunning before they try and kill each other again. That is the only explanation that I can come up with as to why a gladiator would always recover from a stun in between rounds.

I agree its not always easy to see the story behind game mechanics. Another game mechanic involving stun is that the enforcer some times will ``save you from certain death `` even though your opponent is stunned and cannot make any attacks.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Stun is fine as it is. My only complaint about it is... not about it but about the non-damage version of War Cry which could result in a wasted attack if the Stun effect gets resisted. Other than that, Stun is still a fight winner fairly often when it succeeds.

same could be said for barreling attack then Kreegan. It's just the risk you take with those skills.

Getting a stun in from war cry nearly always gets a win, so having it work every time would be OP.