Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skill: Knockout

That's understandable, but getting stunned can be a match ender
    I've found Iron Jaw to be a blessing in this regard and I see so few people outside of theatrics train in it and I'd wager many theatrics managers wouldn't train in it either if they didn't have to in order to unlock the next tier. Grim determination is another great one that is often overlooked. I think many are so focused on attack and defense they forget there are many other factors that go into winning. If you are running a rage gladiator you might be able to get away with not training in some of these types of skills since you are banking on destroying your opponent before they get a chance to hit you, but if you are war or theatrics, I'd say they are almost a must have.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 03-22-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Training Dummy
    I finaly starts to get some points into knock out (5 - called shot 7) and starts working just fine fore me - lovely skillcombo (at least with a dual-weapon-wield counterstriker)

Aspiring Master
    Yea,

Interesting build indeed

What is the ratio of the trigger ?

1 about how many fight for you?
    Lonely at the top but the view is great.

Cordialy

Dehodem

Training Dummy
    I havent counted but I would I have seen between 0 - 3 stuns in a fight with 1-2 being more comon but with my glads blind i tend to be able to blind/stun the enemy quite a bit and thats a neat combination.

Edit: Now I counted possible stuns since actual stuns depends on the oponents skills as well...
    Last edited by Deus; 08-07-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Aspiring Master
    ... but i was taking about knock down man?

how much it trigger?
    Lonely at the top but the view is great.

Cordialy

Dehodem

Free Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    Knockout does work but it is not as potent as we would like it to be. If your comparing it skills like barreling attack, signature move or others on the same level like rampage, or hamstring which are active and play large rolls in bouts nearly every fight...Knockout and Finishing Blow are nowhere in the same stratosphere when it comes to being on the same roll percentage as he others.

I do see more knockouts from my top guys and kills but they are not even close in matching skill to skill effectiveness as to what a rage and war get from Last Stand or War Cry from what see in matches.
    As I have always said...the Theatric guys get shafted hard.
    Good sir. YOU DO KNOW that knockout is insta win right ? It's extreme low roll rate is exactly like it should be. To be honest I'd like to see it removed in all and replaced because even at 1%(i thinks it's actually .1%) chance thats a HUGE chance if you have high enough agility. You could be getting DESTROYED by another glad and randomly by luck knock them out. How is that far at ALL to the other glad. Kinda of (no offence here couldn't conjure another word) gay way to win. Kinda be mad if your glad was winning 99% of the fight only to get Ko'd ..... But if you removed Knockout Theatrics would need some minor buffing and a decent replacement. Theatrics doesn't get shafted it's pretty on par to all. My point here is IF IT WAS "more potent" it'd would be overpowered found out quickly and overused as soon as they people found out.

Its a gimmick. Theatrics have a meh tree. Let them have their gimmick.

Knockout doesn't matter, it happens sometimes, so what. I've seen MMA and boxing matches end because a guy got caught. It happens and not frequently. I'd say it happens just enough. I don't subscribe to the belief that Theatrics has a "meh tree" but that's a discussion for another thread.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Free Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    Knockout doesn't matter, it happens sometimes, so what. I've seen MMA and boxing matches end because a guy got caught. It happens and not frequently. I'd say it happens just enough. I don't subscribe to the belief that Theatrics has a "meh tree" but that's a discussion for another thread.
    Ok so your saying the tiny axes and maces that the theatrics glad have a better chance of KO then a two handed maul by a rage glad. I think it should be implement in the game as a stat or chance when you land a hit in the head instead of skill. If it doesnt happen any more then 1% of the time (per hit) then why should it be in game at all. It's 100% luck if its hit then ? IDk the exact % or roll that it hits but if its 1% then......shouldnt i be replaced by something better ? I really wanna see it implimented across all trees or across the game in all without having a skill in general if i bash u in the head with a giant maul and not knock you out ima be running for the hills. Im not saying give a rage glad a buff but im saying give theatrics a buff and implement KO in all specialties

I certainly enjoy the enthusiasm of new players, however before you make assumptions be sure to have the facts. Any gladiator can knockout his opponent with a hit to the head not just Theatrics gladiators. The knockout skill just improves this chance. The longer you play the more you'll see it. I don't know what the actual percentages are and I don't think we ever will. This isn't a 100% transparent kind of game and Nate has said so as much. Part of the skill of this game is figuring it out and then being able to use the knowledge you've learned to your advantage. Thus far everything I've discovered has been pretty logical, so it doesn't take any great leaps of faith to figure out the lion's share of how things work.

In regards to the "tiny axes and maces" knocking guys out...absolutely. Ever been punched in jaw and knocked out? fist = tiny mace. A 2h maul in real life would kill a man if struck in the head full force by a 6' 8" 300 pound trained killer. At the end of the day this is a game and a pretty well balanced one at that. The top 10 in the rankings sports 4 theatrics, 3 war and 3 rage gladiators and has for some time with the extra slot being any one of the three specialties.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris