Ok so your saying the tiny axes and maces that the theatrics glad have a better chance of KO then a two handed maul by a rage glad. I think it should be implement in the game as a stat or chance when you land a hit in the head instead of skill. If it doesnt happen any more then 1% of the time (per hit) then why should it be in game at all. It's 100% luck if its hit then ? IDk the exact % or roll that it hits but if its 1% then......shouldnt i be replaced by something better ? I really wanna see it implimented across all trees or across the game in all without having a skill in general if i bash u in the head with a giant maul and not knock you out ima be running for the hills. Im not saying give a rage glad a buff but im saying give theatrics a buff and implement KO in all specialties
Your mixing real life with the game's skill tree. Just as a Theatrics has an improved "chance" to knockout an opponent, a Rage receives the ability EVERY fight to Rampage ridiculous attack power or actually gain health and endurance as well as strength when he is nearly dead and exhausted if such skill are trained. Just as a War can somehow be the only gladiator to have the ability to fit into heavy armor, a War can also have the skill to scream so loud he actually intimidates his opponent...I'd like to see how that works out in real life..but the point is, each type of gladiator has skills within their tree to improve chances to win.
Ever notice a Rage no matter how big and slow his weapon is will almost always get the first swing in..unless the opponent is well above in agility AND using a faster weapon. Doesn't seem all to possible but it's how the game is designed.
A Rage has many of its own benefits as do the other styles, it is even possible and in some cases highly recommended to train in the other skill trees.

But please don't bring real world physics and scenario into a game that is based on fantasy.....