Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The three-kingdoms-style of gameplay for Blood Gods certainly looks very promising... are the patrons going to give their teams any unique fighting-bonuses too?
    It's possible, something small maybe as to not unbalance things.

Now this sounds interesting! Do we have any background info on any of our sacred, beloved gods?
    I'm a one man team ladies and gentlemen (albeit an awesome one if I do say so myself), but even I have limits...so you first get functionality, lore second. I have part of it finished but didn't want to delay the update.

EDIT: Poop, bride's maid it is...
    @sotc: yeah... but...but... No bueno for me :'(
    You'll need to explain yourself a bit better here so I can better understand what you are unhappy about. Not sure why you think it matters what team you were placed on regarding being a Bride's maid or not. Just because a particular gladiator is on your team doesn't mean you can't finish with a better record and higher rating than them.

I agree with that apoc, not battling everyone makes it less fun for me. It seems that I make up about 42% of the Tagro-Zul faction. Seems that Crown Clown, Mid Boss and Gurren Lagann pull down the ratings Amon, Belca and Yukimaru give to that faction. Maybe it's time to reinvent them abit

Ill give this a shot before saying that this sucks though as some of the glads I lost to are among the followers of the greatest and most powerfull blood god Tagro-Zul! But also a good chunk of the ones I won from (including my own glads that gave me both losses and wins against my own glads)
    Same as Apoc, you'll need to better explain your unhappiness so I can understand it. From what I can tell it sounds like you are unhappy because you will no longer fight you own gladiators which strikes me as odd. Everyone still fights 2/3 of the field and for most this change means you won't be fighting your own gladiators anymore which is something I thought you would be happy about. So there appears to be some sort of misunderstanding or disconnect as to what it is you would like and what it is I think you would like. I'm more than happy this season or next season to randomly assign gladiators to patron gods ignoring stable and player affiliations. I did it the way I did it because I though that is what you would like more. Later on down the road I may allow players to choose the patron Blood God of their choice, but for starters I felt this the best option.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I've always been in favour of fighitng your own glads aswell Nate. Can't get more accurate data from fights than that and it's a good way to see which glads are the "best" of my stable

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    You'll need to explain yourself a bit better here so I can better understand what you are unhappy about. Not sure why you think it matters what team you were placed on regarding being a Bride's maid or not. Just because a particular gladiator is on your team doesn't mean you can't finish with a better record and higher rating than them.
    Always seem to have one gladiator beat me to the #1 spot for something, be it Blood Games or Season or whatever. This time around it'll mean I miss out on delicious extra BGP's. It's a different gladiator beating me to the #1 each time, but after a year or so of it it's a little frustrating. Oh well. I doubt Arrrrrghpirate is going to falter and let Bruce Iee take over #1 for our god, but I guess it may change.

Fun fact for those who dont know: Look up Australian golfer Greg Norman. His nickname was the Bride's Maid because he kept coming 2nd in the major events, but almost never won. Good news for him though is that 2nd place still won a bull load of money.

BTW: I'm not complaining about the update itself. It was a cool surprise I also like that people's stables were kept on the same sides

EDIT: I'm not missing out on anything I was before the update so Bruce Iee being #2 isnt really an issue. Just another thing to add to the list of "close, but no cigar" :P
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 09-19-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

This time around it'll mean I miss out on delicious extra BGP's.
    Apoc your team is in first place by a pretty good margin now. I interpreted Nate's post to mean that each gladiator on the top team gets the bonus BGPs. Is that right Nate? My team on the other hand has got its work cut out for them! Time to change their diet and let them know the whippings will continue until morale improves!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I thought the same too Dain; it is a BGP bonus for all members of a patron gods' teams not just one glad from what I understand.

Tis my understanding as well, extra winning BGP goes to all under the same patron God, so 1/3 of BG will get it.

I'm a one man team ladies and gentlemen (albeit an awesome one)
    Yes we know ... :-)

you first get functionality
    That's what it should be.. Please take your time Nate. We are only trying whichever way we can contribute to make this game better and more meaningful.

The current blood gods update is indeed a value-added one as it now brings a team-goal. The game may expand well from there in the distant future. Maybe for example team-fights or conquer-the-world style gaming on conquest maps...

Regards
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 09-19-2013 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    Apoc your team is in first place by a pretty good margin now. I interpreted Nate's post to mean that each gladiator on the top team gets the bonus BGPs. Is that right Nate? My team on the other hand has got its work cut out for them! Time to change their diet and let them know the whippings will continue until morale improves!
    My bad. I read it as top gladiator for some reason...

Now I'd like to see the other 2 factions catch up then so we can make a nice close contest out of this
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    Now I'd like to see the other 2 factions catch up then so we can make a nice close contest out of this
    Im already doing my best to catch up by attempting to increase my under 50% glads winrate so they won't drag the faction rating down apoc, now for the rest to try and do the same!
    If you take a good look at the whole blood gods ranking it's quite easy to see that catching up will be rather hard...

yeah, 10 of the top 15 follow Drajaka-Zul. Evidently his followers are just more devoted than followers of the other, inferior gods. :P