Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up New Update 9/19/2013 Blood God Teams, New Stable Rankings & Race Rankings!

Greetings Pit Masters!

I am pleased to announce that the Great Realm has received another update! Please see below for this weeks new additions:

* Blood God Teams! All gladiators in the Blood Gods bracket have been chosen to fight under the banner of a patron Blood God: Kagon-Zul, Drajaka-Zul and Tagro-Zul. Gladiators fighting for the same Blood God will no longer fight each other during the round robin and their cumulative record will go into determining the team's record and rating. The more fights a gladiator has means the more weight their record will have on the team's record. When a new gladiator is promoted from Primus if they already have a stablemate fighting in the Blood Gods bracket they will be assigned the same patron Blood God as their stablemate.

Each week the top team will be awarded with bonus Blood God Points (BGP) and each week the reward doubles. The first week of Season the reward is 25 BGP, the second week it increases to 50 BGP, and then 100 BGP and so on until the final week which awards 3200 bonus BGP for being the top team!

* New stable rankings! The formula on how to calculate stable rankings has been changed and new rankings established.

* The rankings page now tracks the top 10 gladiators of each race in every bracket! Ever wanted to know the baddest mofo Dunder in Primus is? Now you can!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

The three-kingdoms-style of gameplay for Blood Gods certainly looks very promising... are the patrons going to give their teams any unique fighting-bonuses too?
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 09-19-2013 at 12:11 AM.

all very interesting updates.

I assume that we are randomly assigned a god yeah? I'm hoping that i'm not lumped with either Amon of Arrrrrgh so that Bruce can finally stop being the bride's maid :P

EDIT: Poop, bride's maid it is...
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 09-19-2013 at 01:03 AM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Now this sounds interesting! Do we have any background info on any of our sacred, beloved gods?
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Awesome sauce Nate! This adds another layer to the end game that I'm already enjoying. I'm with Lunarion, it might be cool if each god granted some sort of power to their chosen ones. Maybe something minor as to not make it OP.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Wool-hoooo!! My teams are ranked in the top 5 now. Also did y'all notice that one of Cyn's teams BA Gold was on there. Wonder if he is planning on coming back? Like the update Nate thanks! Party at my Villa tonight BYOB and I will supply the ladies!
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

Interesting update, we'll see how this plays out. @apoc, I think the teams are structured so that managers with multiple teams have them all under the same patron god (Ex. prinny's teams are together under red, oedi's are together under blue). The managers with only one stable are left under white team.

Its probably not a good idea to have different combat bonuses for each patron god since that might skew the results; some flavor or lore for each of the gods would be a very cool read.

Hopefully I find a good 5th glad in the slave market soon, its disadvantageous to the bg team to have an empty spot.
    Last edited by Sotc; 09-19-2013 at 07:38 AM.

@sotc: yeah... but...but... No bueno for me :'(

Just lore would suffice. Also, I like to believe the following: The gods care not from whom the blood flows, only that it does.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    The gods care not from whom the blood flows, only that it does.
    Khorne'Zul?

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    Just lore would suffice. Also, I like to believe the following: The gods care not from whom the blood flows, only that it does.
    I agree with that apoc, not battling everyone makes it less fun for me. It seems that I make up about 42% of the Tagro-Zul faction. Seems that Crown Clown, Mid Boss and Gurren Lagann pull down the ratings Amon, Belca and Yukimaru give to that faction. Maybe it's time to reinvent them abit

Ill give this a shot before saying that this sucks though as some of the glads I lost to are among the followers of the greatest and most powerfull blood god Tagro-Zul! But also a good chunk of the ones I won from (including my own glads that gave me both losses and wins against my own glads)

Also, #1 Stable! Now I check take that off my to-do list xD
    Last edited by Prinny; 09-19-2013 at 09:36 AM.