Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just generally feel like master of arms should be redone. Its only use is if you want to use different stuff later on and you still need to train 20 points for this. If there would be a way to do it with 10 points, this would really reflect the master of arms - type that this skill should be
    You are completely missing the point of MOA. Why would you waste 10 trains in shield when you can instead put them into MOA and then use any weapon anytime with the same skill as you main weapon skill? If you get disarmed any weapon you pick up you'll be proficient in. 10 train in your weapon and 10 train in shield or MOA is 20 points. MOA allows a gladiator to be a lot more flexible and adapt with the meta game a lot easier. It also allows you to switch up your build in the Blood Games when you know who you are fighting in advance. If you know your next opponent doesn't do well against 2H glads you can switch to a 2H weapon for that fight. It's really about flexibility and options for the creative manager.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 08-12-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    This. I count 3, you are talking about 5 ways

Yes, I have read this. But it doesnt make a whoel lot of difference if not for changing the weapon freely later on. So if you dont want to unlearn and retrain skills, going for the one weapon and shield early will be faster, as youdotn have to learn master of arms. I just generally feel like master of arms should be redone. Its only use is if you want to use different stuff later on and you still need to train 20 points for this. If there would be a way to do it with 10 points, this would really reflect the master of arms - type that this skill should be
    Dang and I had thought I erased all of my typo's guess I missed 1, the other "2" are 2 Handed and Pole Arm but I decided not to include em as a different kind of glad. It's fixed now

As I replied to the MOA matter Dain already pretty much summed it all up

Yes I see the advantages of it. I just still think there should be no need to train a "single"-weapon skill first, thats all

So I didnt miss the point of it, just think it kind of diagrees with the nature of the skill ^^

Anyways, yes, going to skill shield as a war wont do you a lot. But you can reach MOA with like weapon skill 7 and you still need 3 points, so you can decide to put them into shield or one of the TII´s, youll have to unlearn them anyways. (Unless you want to use one off the TII´s)
    Stable: Thors Throne
    - Thor Odinson ! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Odin !
    - Freya Odrvif! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Friya !
    - Odin Allvatir ! The fucking beast amongst gods (Bihander warrior)
    - Friya ! Fast & Furious

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Yes I see the advantages of it. I just still think there should be no need to train a "single"-weapon skill first, thats all

So I didnt miss the point of it, just think it kind of diagrees with the nature of the skill ^^

Anyways, yes, going to skill shield as a war wont do you a lot. But you can reach MOA with like weapon skill 7 and you still need 3 points, so you can decide to put them into shield or one of the TII´s, youll have to unlearn them anyways. (Unless you want to use one off the TII´s)
    The main thing advised by pretty much all the vets is training up your weapon skill first though, you can indeed rush to be able to use your shield properly at an earlier level. Spending some single points on some first tier skills and unlearning them afterwards is a great way for getting some skills you normally wouldn't be able to reach yet. Just make sure you dont end up with a skillpoint somewhere you won't be able to unlearn it anymore though

Yes, this doesnt happen if you get up your weapon skill to 10 first.

But I would disagree with this one, at least with lvl 10. I have it on 7 now, the chance to train it higher currently being 33.5% If we assume it woudl be this way, I need 30 training points. Maybe thats still reasonable. But I wont skill it a lot higher than 8 without boosting my attributes first, this would be wasted training points in my opinion. Even with the skills scaling exponential (We still dont have any idea by how much btw), I dont see it worth it to try to train them with more or less starting stats and a chance of 10% -.-

And for the point you miss: As you would normally only have lvl 10 skills at the end of the build, there is no possiblity of having one locked out, unless you go for Tier VI skill 10/10 before checking this out and then you ... well, deserved it kind of
    Stable: Thors Throne
    - Thor Odinson ! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Odin !
    - Freya Odrvif! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Friya !
    - Odin Allvatir ! The fucking beast amongst gods (Bihander warrior)
    - Friya ! Fast & Furious

Guide has been added to the new player guide list It's nice to have an up to date war guide

i'm 1/2 way through reading and i'm lining it. gotta go to class now though
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Thanks Prinny, I am sure many new players will find this useful. Now we just need someone to upate the Theatrics guide.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Excellent guide, Prinny.
    Feed Us Blood
    Dilbert Green, Pasquinelli, Damone, Benjiboo & St Lucceiia

Foo Fighters
    Foo Bar, Kung Fooo, Pitythe Foo, Foo Ton & Foo Die

As a young boy, HipsterD dreamt of being a gladiator. Angered by his fathers unwillingness to sell him off as a slave, he ran away and joined the circus...wrong circus. After enduring endless face painting, he decided that pies had no damage inflicting properties at all, so he shanghaied the bearded lady and started a stable of his own.

wow nice guide. i hope there'll be some of this in the rage and thea sections.

Quote Originally Posted by PH cares View Post
    wow nice guide. i hope there'll be some of this in the rage and thea sections.
    there already is up to date rage info
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!