Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapons

Weapons

I never noticed before bu I realized that Exotic weapons seem to get the short end. You can get a blazing fast low power cestus or stiletto type or a much slower Trident, which IMO should be bonused on defense, since it is a primarily defensive weapon.
    Then you get into the real slow but powerful sabre's and sorts.

There is no inbetween 2.5, 2.25 sort weapons available. Makes loading an exotic theatric fighter a bit of a chore. And very vulnerable to many type fighters any given match because its either speed or might with no middle ground weapon.

OK, Im done whining....

Aspiring Master
    No..you're right. The exotic weapons are a hinderance, to be sure. The fast weapons rarely break through armor, and the weapons which break through the armor are fairly slow. I've pretty much relegated my Theatrics fighters to "non-exotic" weapons. The rapier, coupled with Gratuitous violence, is a winner, in my opinion.

Aspiring Master
    Actually, the rapier, even without GV, is still pretty good at drawing lots of blood. Check out the last several dozen bouts with my boy Shadow for a few good examples.

Certain weapons indeed do draw more blood then others as do certain fighting styles.

I have started this game not long ago yet. With my theatric gladiator i use two exotic weapons 1.2 speed but actually it is quite good i have done 5 arena fights from wich i only lost one of them

6 arena fights*** sorry for my mistake
    But still. I would like to know any advice that the most experienced theatrical trainers might have for this new lanista

I like Exotic weapons, not sure why some of the others don't. They are some of the fastest in the game like the cestus and kriss and if you want more damage you can grab a falchion or a trident. If you want something in the middle grab a rapier. Whichever one you pick will give you an advantage versus some builds and not against others, so I wouldn't worry about it too much and instead look for items that give bonuses to the key attributes that help theatrics. What are those key attributes? There is a thread that just recently started that will give you all kinds of info and different philosophies on how to build a theatrics gladiator but the cliff's notes version is stack lots and lots of agility.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

As my mains weapon my gladiator wields a ruthless saber(+ 1 defense) And as secondary a bloody saber(+1 atack) and yet he stands 6-1-0 . He is still but a lvl 5 placing 103 in amateur class. do you have any tips for a young theatrics lover?

As my mains weapon my gladiator wields a ruthless saber(+ 1 defense) And as secondary a bloody saber(+1 atack) and yet he stands 6-1-0 . He is still but a lvl 5 placing 103 in amateur class. do you have any tips for a young theatrics lover?
    Agility, defense, power......in that order you wont go wrong especially with a hard hitting weapon.
    Just be sure to train your weapon skill as high and as fast as possible.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

thank you so very much. My exoctic weapon(Wich are my both sabers) lvl is almost 4. You think i should keep on training it or start with those status?