Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shield

I would also need some advices about what kind of gladiator my premium gladi should be. I read about theatrics counter and 2 handed rage. What are your opinions about these two setups. Also it would be a great help if u would tell me a few setups that works. What would be good as well is a setups whose tactics are not really worked out yet and it would give me a bit challenge to find out. From these types I would only be interested in setups that you think is possible to be successful. As I have read this in forum, 2 handed rage is not really worked out in higher leagues. Is this true?

The best thing for you to do is expand to 5 gladiators and experiment on your own. Fight in the pit fights every day, do all your tavern fights and arena fights. Be sure to read each of your fights carefully and make adjustments as necessary. 2H glads do just fine at the top if they are built and setup right. Check out the scouting reports on some of the top 2H glads in Primus and Blood Gods to see their build.

When doing your strategies start simple and add complexity as you get comfortable. Rage gladiators can often get by with one strategy of berserk, war and theatrics need more. Defensive builds are harder to run and theatrics probably takes the most "brains" to set up well and account for as many opponents as possible. Keep your activity level moderate 4-7 say and once you have 8+ in your weapon skill you can try setting it higher in the 8-10 range. You can try earlier, and you should push the boundaries every so often, however, you risk passing out if you are running to hot since you'll miss a lot and do less damage.

Check out the guides for each specialty, even the outdated ones as they still offer some good info. As far as your premium gladiator is concerned, I'm assuming you are talking about a HoL replacement, don't even worry about it now as it will be some time before you have one.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I would also need some advices about what kind of gladiator my premium gladi should be. I read about theatrics counter and 2 handed rage. What are your opinions about these two setups. Also it would be a great help if u would tell me a few setups that works. What would be good as well is a setups whose tactics are not really worked out yet and it would give me a bit challenge to find out. From these types I would only be interested in setups that you think is possible to be successful. As I have read this in forum, 2 handed rage is not really worked out in higher leagues. Is this true?
    2 handed rage can work possibly, there is one or two in the top bracket right now and one of them is relatively new so I don't know if their manager has completely finished his build yet.
    But to get back on track, all of this is a long way from you yet, and given your newbie status, chances are you won't be seeing any of the top guys in a while yet. My advice to new players have always been pretty similar to what Dainoji said above, use your first few glads to get a feel for the game and learn the ropes, find what you are comfortable running and see which fighting style work for you and which don't, and go from there. P