Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SEASONS are BROKEN due to extra fights for Trophies ! PLEASE FIX IT, NATE !

All is in the title, and we all know it's true !

Allowing extra fights for trophies in Blood Gods bracket makes the game 300% Pay to Win and gives an unfair advantage to those who can spend shitload of trophies to get those extra fights, it's like a championship where some teams could buy the right to do more matches to mechanically score more points...

It's already too late for this season, but please fix that point for next season, Nate, if you don't want to kill your game completely !

'Nough Said, I spoke.
    Last edited by Narol; 06-17-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

This was clear from day 1 of Season 2. Any gladiator can take 1st place with enough extra fights.

The Thing That Should Not Be.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

You can create a gladiator today, join Blood Gods tomorrow and go to 10k rating for rank 1. Now the only reasonable aim can be win%. Rank seems pointless.

Like it was very different when Primus was the top bracket. You couldn't buy rusty-looking gear with some bracket-specific currency but everything else was the same.

I lolled just a little bit to hard at the title, you've started this thread a little late Narol
    Having that said, as Pit Lord pointed out this was clear from day 1 and it gave Nate some nice extra pocket money to continue on the game. If you want orange gear in this format you need to be prepared to spend some trophies.

To fix it either the format needs to be changed so that it becomes possible to reach them the normal way or boundaries should be added to the extra trophy fights a day in which a let's say 55-60% winrate in the Blood Gods can get you to the orange armour after say 6 weeks or so and weapons after 8 (That should keep your bgp max from overflowing whilst getting gear you want)

In addition, this didn't cost me that many bucks since both glads I did this with have a 70%ish winrate, Laharl was still more expensive reaching his very first build and boy he changed those alot during his career. The only gladiators allowed to do this are the ones with the winrate to deserve it and the trophies to back them up. Good luck pulling this off with a 50% winrate gladiator it will cost ya ALOT more

Kreegan : Wrong, it was very different then in Primus as the gladiators in Top 10 were not allowed to do extra-fights, so you had to be the best to get on the throne. And the fact that Legendary items have a rating requirement contrary to purple items is a major difference too.

Prinny : Yeah, I'm late to react but I was making a short break at the time when season 1 ended and it took me a little while to get back in the loop and evaluate the new system... As I said already, it's too late anyway to fix season 2 but I'm yelling now to make sure that things are fixed for season 3. I'm convinced that Nate can't be satisfied of the situation and won't let things as they are, that would just be killing the endgame definitively as the legendary items already earned will give an additional advantage to the leading glads who made the extra-fights.

My suggested plan to fix season 3 :

- Keep the current rating point system

- DO NOT ALLOW Extra-fights in Blood Gods Bracket (and also in Primus Top 10 so that glads really earn their godly status)

- Lower the rating point requirements of Legendary Items to respectively 1000/ 2000 instead of 4000/7000 currently, so that the top 10 Blood Gods can get them WITHOUT extra fights.

- Make season 3 items clearly better than season 2 one so that the advantage given by the already earned legendary items can be overcome on the long run.

That package of small changes easy to implement should do the trick, don't you think Nate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    My suggested plan to fix season 3 :

- Keep the current rating point system
    Agreed I like it the way it is right now~

- DO NOT ALLOW Extra-fights in Blood Gods Bracket (and also in Primus Top 10 so that glads really earn their godly status)
    Nate needs to earn some money aswell Narol, lay the extra fights to some boundaries would be a better idea in my opinion. Blood Gods isn't rly full right now I would like to see more gladiators get in rather than keeping them out by putting a limit on their fights in the top 10. Besides I don't think that many gladiators are doing extra trophy fights in the Primus top 10 right now anyway (A certain White Feather being an exeption ofcourse but that's getting it's ass kicked in Blood Gods )

- Lower the rating point requirements of Legendary Items to respectively 1000/ 2000 instead of 4000/7000 currently, so that the top 10 Blood Gods can get them WITHOUT extra fights.
    Lowering the point requirement would be favourable, up to Nate how high/low he sets it

- Make season 3 items clearly better than season 2 one so that the advantage given by the already earned legendary items can be overcome on the long run.
    Took some browsing but I found the quote I wanted~

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    I have kind of a long winded question on this one. I understand the purpose of this, the "carrot on the end of the stick" gets a little bigger each season so that people stay interested and have to continue fighting their glads to stay competitive. Makes total sense and we have seen this system in various games, since i now we are all familiar with World of Warcraft (well a lot of us are) and their Arena PVP system which is on Season 12 is similar in concept (at least it seems to be kinda ironic that they even have "Seasons") you get arena points per fight and you can use them to buy arena gear, you can buy the current seasons gear and the previous seasons gear, gear older then that is available to buy by non-arena people with regular pvp points (so it has the same trickle down effect, non-arena players can gear up in in season 10 gear before they even start doing arena pvp to be somewhat competitive when they first start the arena). Now this seems quite similar to what your going to do, and the only question I have about is about how do you think "Stat Inflation" will effect Pit of War and do you think it will be a long term issue. What i mean by "Stat Inflation" is that right now a good purple breast plate might have stats such as 12 str 7 agil 7 chi 7 pres, so for a BGP item to be "better" we would expect higher stats so maybe we will see a breast plate in season 1 with 15 str 10 agil 10 chi 10 pres, which is a nice increase and could be cause to buy this armor with your BGP points. But now lets fast forward to season 10, so now the stats on the breast plates have been increasing enough so that each season its a worthy expenditure of your BGP to buy the new version of the same item, so now the bp being sold has 55 str, 50 agil, 30 chi, 30 pres and 10% chance for ZeroEleven to jump out and start helping you in the fight each time your hit. This is "Stat Inflation" and it leads to where having 200 str right now is an amazing hard to reach goal, in the future in season 10 glads are running around with over 500 str. It also leads to the only important stats are the ones that gear can not increase which would be size and luck for our glads(currently anyways). I am just curious if you think this will become an issue in the pits.
    The ones already holding the orange items have a better chance at gaining these in the future, increasing stats on gear each season could cause Zeroeleven to randomly jump out and help you in a fight while your glad has 500 Strength, good luck newly entered gladiators
    Last edited by Prinny; 06-17-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Allow extra fights, Charybdis is still rising through the ranks. They just be scared of getting a trident to the face ... again (except for Ty Rex and Bloody Lady, those two are pretty tough)
    Last edited by David; 06-17-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Kreegan : Wrong, it was very different then in Primus as the gladiators in Top 10 were not allowed to do extra-fights, so you had to be the best to get on the throne. And the fact that Legendary items have a rating requirement contrary to purple items is a major difference too.
    I was mostly talking about the pay-to-win thing. Those who put real world cash in the development of their gladiators have always had the edge over the rest and this is very unlikely to change (the game's not really based on charity after all). Whether you will pay 100$ to keep your gladiator(s) within a striking distance of the throne or 1000$ to assure that he/they will stay on it makes little difference compared to those who can't afford to constantly pour cash into their fighters. Who's "best" has always been more about who spends more money and less about who manages his stable better.