Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Its a game where gladiators compete, extra fights are a bonus. If your glad is good enough, the challenge will only push them up, (without you having to pay for a fight yourself) like with Ty Rex. I wish more people would actually do it (although I am certainly not going to keep doing it to the extent that I am, that was just a one time thing) as it would mean more money for the developers, and more accurate ranks (and perhaps Conquests would have been done by now).

I wrote thread in the suggestions part of the forum about the ranking system. The thread is "Seasons rankings". Nobody responded. That system uses season 1 rating system with some improvements. I also wrote my opinion about orange items somewhere on the forum. But at this point it doesn't matter since some gladiators already wear orange gear.

What I see now as the only acceptable variant of season rankings is RANKING BY WIN% and everything else stays the same. Point system stay the same. Extra fights stay unlimited. The rating graph can be renamed to something like "power progress" and its only purpose will be to show the gladiator progress toward the orange gear. But this progress won't help gladiator ranking since it will be by win %. Gladiator can do hundreds of fights every day and progress toward orange gear but won't increase his rank unless his win ratio get increased. In both Season 1 and Season 2 the experience shows that the gladiators with the highest win % tend to stay around the top.

Edit: Win% will have the flaw it doesn't count the kills .
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 07-03-2013 at 01:34 AM.

With only one week left before the end of season 2, it's a good time to have a look about what ranking points are at season's end for gladiators who haven't done extra fights...

The 4 leading gladiators havinge all made more than 100 extra fights ( even near 900 for Belca !!), the best total reached without extra fights is Hubba Gubba with only 3157 points.

More generally , Ranking Points total for the 10 best ranked gladiators without extra fights range from 1483 to 3157.

So, to make Orange Items available for the best gladiators of Seasons without the need to GAME THE SYSTEM with extra fights, I would strongly suggest for next seasons to lower the ranking points requirements for those Legendary Items to respectively 1500/2500 instead of the current 4000/7000 requirements.

A system where you have no realistic chance to access those precious and decisive orange items without spending lots of trophees on extra fights is simply totally unacceptable on the long run for most players. I hope you understand that, Nate, and will pay attention to fix that unfairness !
    Last edited by Narol; 07-02-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Actually Hubba Gubba also did extra fights in the sense of fighting Yukimaru, Belca, Bloody Lady and (In way lesser amount) Amon Djinn as did the rest of the Blood Gods bracket
    Note that if you were to put 5 trophies into the glads fights everyday you would've gotten 300 extra fights (30x2 though this isn't completely accurate) let's put it in the middle so it comes down to 20$, wow that's alot for playing a free to play game for 2 months to reach orange armour...

Now that's enough for justifying my own actions
    I agree the rankings should be brought down somewhat to the point a good gladiator would be able to access them through fighting for free rather than spending trophies so as to let every1 have a shot at them.

On a side note, Belca has pretty much reached the cap of acquiring points a couple of weeks ago since he gains 2 points for winning a match and loses 1 for a loss

I don't blame you, Prinny, if it wasn't so expensive I would have done it myself !!

Maybe it's just 20$ for 300 more fights (just for 1 glad and anyway 300 fights weren't even enough for Belca to reach the 7000 requirement), but if you add the cost of achievements and memberships you quickly get over 50$/month which is quite a lot for a game, even an excellent and addictive one like PoW !! That just cannot work...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

5000 for the weapon and 3000 for the armour seems appropriate. Gladiator with 70% will reach 5000 with a few extra fights. Gladiator with 60%+ will reach 3000 without or with a few extra fights. Gladiator with 50% will need many extra fights to reach 3000. Can't see a reason why 50% gladiator without doing extra fights will be full orange. Of course it will be possible at some point (like S4 4000/2500, S5 3000/2000) but I certainly won't be glad to see it happening immediately.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 07-03-2013 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    Actually Hubba Gubba also did extra fights in the sense of fighting Yukimaru, Belca, Bloody Lady and (In way lesser amount) Amon Djinn as did the rest of the Blood Gods bracket
    Note that if you were to put 5 trophies into the glads fights everyday you would've gotten 300 extra fights (30x2 though this isn't completely accurate) let's put it in the middle so it comes down to 20$, wow that's alot for playing a free to play game for 2 months to reach orange armour...
    Those extra fights would have been nice if Hubba won more of them...
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 07-05-2013 at 12:48 AM.

I know I for one would love to read Nate's response on this, I've already considered coming back already. But this issue really made me decide not to.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

if you want a benchmark for glads with no extra fights, Ahhnold and Bruce Iee have not had any extra fights bought for them. They have been sitting at a 60% w/l the entire season (though Ahhnold slipped in the past week and a bit)
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Thanks Apocalypse, that will help the debate...

In my opinion, reaching 60% in Seasons is an excellent performance considering the high level of glads there, currently only 8 glads on 47 have a ratio above 60%. Those 8 DESERVES access to the better kind of orange items if you don't want the endgame to be completely locked forever between the 3 current leaders who all did a lot of extra fights already to gain uber orange items giving them an even greater advantage.

Now let's look at Apoc's glads to see what levels would then be reasonable :

Bruce Lee with 61.4% and 847 matches has 2950 points

Ahnold with 57.8% and 849 matches has 2717 points.

There is a few days left, so the 3000 limit seems in reach and could be a good level for the better orange items. I would then suggest to BGP requirements to respectively 2000/3000 instead of the current 4000/7000 needed.

3000/5000 as Pit Lord suggest would still be much too high, it would still restrict the higher orange items to the current 3-4 leading glads keeping the endgame stale and locked, with the only difference that you wouldn't even get the money from their extra-fights...

Nate, please being stop being silent and answer us, it's really a key issue and people are worried about it ! If you really need the extra money that Prinny and Pit Lord give you to keep the game running, then be honest about it and rename the game "Pit of Prinny" so that it's clear for everyone, lol !
    Last edited by Narol; 07-06-2013 at 03:44 AM.