Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Belca's fights??

Did prinny seriously just do 800 arena fights, or is that a bug i am seeing?
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

No that retard seriously did that~

Right now, I'm picturing Belca sitting in the back of some dark and seedy bar saying...
    "I don't always fight... but when I do, I drop ten glads with one slap."

Wow came back to see how the new scoring system was treating you guys, i take it its gone from Elo to who has the most trophies wins? Almost a 5k points lead with a very similar win % to 2nd and 3rd.... so trophies wins it?
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

No, you need a really good glad and trophies to pull off what Prinny did, but it doesn't really matter since it was always going to be Belca or Blood Lady for #1 from about week 2. All he really did was time warp Christmas to come early. It remains to be seen how much it will help with getting gear since we don't really know how many BGP he'll be getting since it's not linear AFAIK. He could very well find himself wandering the aisles of the Chamber of Power with his "I can haz Legendaries Now" grin and no purchasing power!

I really like the new ranking system, it's more stable and more or less positions glads where they should be and moving up or down a spot has meaning. I imagine Nate will probably put some sort of governor on it in Season 3 to prevent a magnitude 10 on the Prinny scale from happening again - who would have guessed someone would go full retard!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Never go full retard!

sigh. unless there is significant scaling on points, Belca is going to get a legendary every week this season. not a fan.

I'm honestly surprised that a fight cap was not put in place on the top 10 like the old primus.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Wow came back to see how the new scoring system was treating you guys, i take it its gone from Elo to who has the most trophies wins? Almost a 5k points lead with a very similar win % to 2nd and 3rd.... so trophies wins it?
    Nah having a good glad is half of the work, the other half is trophies xD
    The way the Chamber of Power is right now you need to use trophies to be able to get to the weapons. We don't know what the next season will be like so I went ahead and took advantage of it. The only thing I regret is not doing it from the start of the season instead of 2 weeks after it started

To be honest I am wondering about how many points he will gain next week myself. I don't think he will be able to gain a legendary each week but I do hope he can, having a size 160+ Dunder sounds rather nice....

In case you want to know more about the point scaling from the fights. It is designed so that there is a cap of about 13/14 points a win and 7/8 points for a loss at 5000 points and at this starts to scale down rather fast. At 7000 it is at 10 points for a win and 5/6 for a loss

It's still going to put you many weeks, if not months, in front of everyone else when it comes to gear acquisition. Honestly it's put a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    It's still going to put you many weeks, if not months, in front of everyone else when it comes to gear acquisition. Honestly it's put a pretty bad taste in my mouth.
    Doesn't bother me in the slightest. 011 had 3 legendary items and he all but slunk into obscurity after Oedi was unable to get him back on track after the skill tree change. Bloody Lady is a good example of how a new disrupting build can be very competitive without all the bells and whistles. My original-old-geezer gladiator Thunder Lips without any BG gear still beats up on gladiators with mostly BG gear. She isn't top dog and never will be but she's fun to play with...oops, probably shouldn't talk about that. Gear is only part of the equation, don't sweat it or dwell on it.

If two years of playing this game has taught me anything, it's taught me that it is silly to take a snapshot of the game and then think it will be like that forever. For all you know Jimmy will be handing out Legendary gear with balloons and popsicles next month!
    Last edited by Dainoji; 05-30-2013 at 12:16 AM.