Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I did all regular token fights. Will not do last minute trophy fights. So now Belca is 1st.

well I did a couple extras with Bruce, got to 2nd, and then received 4 KO's in a row to put him out of the top 10. Rather displeased with that.... Man, current system slams my narrow builds because of the chance to lose to a low ranked glad that I'm just not set up for strat wise...
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 05-13-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Got to love knowing who your next opponent will be due to the scribe, Belca is in #1 for now with The Returned as his next opponent so I won't be risking that to get higher up

bladeslinger is Bruce's next opponent. I'm too hesitant to try my luck, even if a shot at belca follows 5 fights later (according to my piece of paper)
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

Getting #1 in the Blood Gods Seasons gets you a HOL slave roll in the slave market, with Laharl's retirement today that means I will always have HOL slaves in my stables slave market..lets try to find that 1150 gold glad

The Blood Gods Season 1 tournament was a bloody affair and the citizens of the Great Realm want more! In less than a day's time Season 2 will be begin and the Arena officials have modified the way the rankings will be determined. For Season 2 we will not be using an ELO system like in Season 1, instead a gladiator's rating will be calculated based on the number of wins they achieve and their win ratio with kills and deaths playing their part. Ratings values in season 2 aren't equivalent to season 1, everyone will begin with a 0 rating instead of 1000 like before, and points gained or lost aren't influenced on your ranting vs your opponent's rating. Rating requirements for orange items will likewise be different to reflect the new rating system.

For those who have enough BGP to buy gear in the Chamber of Power please remember to do so before the start of the new Season as all BGP will be reset.

Good luck to all in Season 2 and may the true Blood Gods whom you honor on the sands shower you with their favor!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

For Season 2 we will not be using an ELO system like in Season 1, instead a gladiator's rating will be calculated based on the number of wins they achieve and their win ratio with kills and deaths playing their part. Ratings values in season 2 aren't equivalent to season 1, everyone will begin with a 0 rating instead of 1000 like before, and points gained or lost aren't influenced on your ranting vs your opponent's rating. Rating requirements for orange items will likewise be different to reflect the new rating system
    This interests me greatly

Having just done some matches, I see that we are following the round robin rotation from before. I have no issue with this now that you're no longer forced to risk a heap of points against a glad with low rating. In fact if this works the way I currently think it does, this is the optimal way to round robin, as it gives a rather fair playing field because you can work out who your next opponent is, and tweak accordingly, and it avoids being locked in a particular spot from either rating or build stratification.

As for points are they fixed, or do they scale according to rank etc?

Win = +A
    Loss = -B
    Kill= +C
    Death = -D

Am I right in saying that you get more points for a win in a fight you initiate?

/will muse more about this later once I do some more fights

It looks like if you do more fights you can accumulate more rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Lord View Post
    It looks like if you do more fights you can accumulate more rating.
    Will still take a while even with spamming trophies to get enough points to buy stuff though