Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Calling All Citizens of The Great Realm! We Need Names!

The Great Realm needs you! Yes you!

The Great Realm's conquests are going to be in need of a lot of bad guys and bad guys need names! I've always tried my best to include the players in the development of Pit of War, so if you are so inclined why don't you add your collective creativity and start a list of names we can use for mini-boses, bosses, special named baddies and so on. As far as guidelines go just do your best to keep it in the theme of the game and let's do our best to keep "questionable names" to ourselves. If you have to ask yourself if the name is questionable it probably is.

Feel free to have first and last names, or just a single name, or names with a moniker of some sort (i.e. Korloc the Undying").

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Laharl the Daemon Overlord! (yes im still waiting tor that title Nate and im not giving up )
    Needles to say this has to be a Daemon DW blades war

Borrowing glads from the Hall Of Legends for some dungeons might actually not be that bad of an idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_demons
    There should be some nice glad names among those that you might even have considered already

Dropping random names won't be a problem but it will be easier and (I guess) more efficient if you give us brief descriptions of the... things that should be named.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Dropping random names won't be a problem but it will be easier and (I guess) more efficient if you give us brief descriptions of the... things that should be named.
    No descriptions required as we'll be naming all kinds of NPCs. Come up with an idea of a NPC in your head and give 'em a name! Include the description of the NPC as well if you'd like. This is your chance to be creative with the Great Realm's inhabitants.

I agree with Prinny, use some of the legends of the game as a few mini bosses.

Merek
    Terrin
    Xalvador

Those are just a few off the top of my head
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

So we can also provide short bios?
    One more question - are we naming unique creatures (like the Arena Challenges gladiators) or generic ones, like in the Tavern quests?

So we can also provide short bios?
    Sure, if you would like to and if I can use it I will.

One more question - are we naming unique creatures (like the Arena Challenges gladiators) or generic ones, like in the Tavern quests?
    Unique NPCs for the most part. For those names that are used they will be assigned to mini-bosses, bosses, unique named NPCs, etc.

Hall of Legends gladiators are legendary gladiators, not baddies waiting to gank your ass in some dark smelly crypt! We'll see if HoL gladiators can one day be put to use.

Hey they don't have to be some smelly crypt! For all we know Eruption and Ormgar are having a drinking contest while Belgarad is flirting with Tygros Rex's girl and all 4 of them start a brawl!
    Now good luck taking those 4 (+some random tavern fodder) out! XD

Blixx the Bleeder
    Sniveler Theatrics
    A mercenary in the employ of one of the Cult of Savroc that persistently dogs the character, interfering with their plans (often behind the scene of creating obstacles), etc. Very crafty, and manipulative, but somewhat craven in direct confrontation. Quite adept at escape and evasion, but in the event of capture usually has valuable information to persuade his release. An alcoholic, and best described as "the turd that just won't flush", he is a survivor.

Magistrate Vidal
    Human
    A devious city official being used by the Cult of Savroc. He and Blixx have been spotted together occasionally. Initially Blixx is thought to be in his employ, but Blixx is the link between the Cult. He is arrogant, wealthy, and influential, often bribing other city officials, and works the legal and political systems for his own selfish gains.

Krug the Thug
    Trug War/rage
    A hired thug employed by Vidal. Big, stupid, and crude he is nevertheless a formidable opponent (and quite focused when given simple tasks). He is often used to carry out Vidal’s plots so that Vidal can avoid dirtying his hands.

Baron Accius
    Elaar
    The third son of a minor noble family, he grew discontent with his low station and runs an underground crime ring. He tends to be defensive, paranoid, and overestimates his capabilities. He is on the take from Vidal believing himself to be an equal partner but is nothing more than a pawn.

The Cult of Sav’roc
    Human Rage/Priests
    A cult devoted to the resurrection of their dark lord. Headed by Prelate Sekk, other members include Disciples Kronin and Radec, and Visor Voric – a deranged, decrepit, and raving cultist who has prophetic visions. Both Kronin and Radec have doubts about Sekk’s devotion and plan to sacrifice him during the resurrection to appease their lord. Blixx intends to make a tidy profit off all of this.