What does the yellow skill checkmark mean?

During skill training,a positive gain is a green checkmark, a failed train is a red X. What does the yellow checkmark mean? You still get a positive train out of it...but why is it yellow?

The yellow check mark appears, when you have leveled up the skill (ex:going from level 6 to level 7 in a weapon skill) 10%-90% successful training points are green. 100% is yellow.

That doesn't seem right. I'm pretty sure I have seen green checks for leveling up. And I am thinking I have seen the yellow check at random skill trains. I'll have to make a point to check on that...but it doesn't seem right.

Aspiring Master
    No, that's right. When you level up the skill/attribute, you get the yellow check mark.

Crow & Blackwill are correct. A gold check mark is shown when you gain the next level in the skill or attribute you are training.

see how much i pay attention.. I'm just clicking wild

Aspiring Master
    Do partial trains matter? I.E. I have a skill at 4 but I've got 9 training in (or 90% to level 5) does that effect that skills efficiency or does the game only see the bold number (I.E. 4)?

I understand you might not answer Nate, but I'd love to know :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaradakar View Post
    Do partial trains matter? I.E. I have a skill at 4 but I've got 9 training in (or 90% to level 5) does that effect that skills efficiency or does the game only see the bold number (I.E. 4)?

I understand you might not answer Nate, but I'd love to know :-)
    That's a good question, I wonder what other managers are seeing...

-Nate-

Aspiring Master
    I was wondering the same thing, myself. I haven't really been tracking it, though. What I did notice is that there was a huge difference in efficiency when I went from level 6 to level 7 in my main weapon, and I only noticed it after completing 7 (so, the % in between didn't jump out and scream "I'm working on it")

I'm thinking that the interim percentages may have a part to ply, but it's the big numbers that really matter.

Of course, I just spent 7 skill points to get a 1 point increase in a skill with an 87% chance of success...so I hope those numbers matter.