Thumbs up New Update 4/9/2013 New Hall of Legends Requirements!

Greetings Pit Masters!

After much debate The High Council of Twelve has just decreed that the Hall of Legends will be changing the requirements for entrance. The minimum fights required has been lowered to 1000 and the win ratio needed to be accepted now works on a sliding scale becoming more lenient the more fights a gladiator has. If you have a gladiator that you think would be a good addition to the Hall of Legends go ahead and see if you meet the new criteria.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I love you so much right now! Blarg and Arg can retire at the end of the month!

Amusingly with just short of over 4500 fights, I only need 45.8% w/l on Blarg :P

I also like that because HoL rating is governed by achievements, not w/l, so the truly great glads will still be sitting on top

Only thing that struck me as odd was the minimum fight requirement dropped to 1000 though. I know it means that you can do so before entering Blood Gods though, which will make it much easier for newer players to get HoL glads and feel like they have a chance. this i think will help retain players for a longer period as they wont feel excluded from the pinnacle of the game.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I feel really sorry for Oedi right now, 1 month more in the arena and he wouldve been able to take a place among the legends

I just didnt see this change coming.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Awesome! This means Laharl can keep fighting for a long time since entering Blood Gods (if he ever pulls that off..) will likely give him a nearly full lose ratio XD
    He needs a 43.5% win ratio btw :P

Good thing from balancing perspective but it also completely seals the end game for super-gladiators only (not that it's much different now). The only purpose of the non-HoL slaves would be to climb to HoL status so they can be replaced. In any case, it's still better than sending your mediocre slave against the monsters in Primus/Blood Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    I feel really sorry for Oedi right now, 1 month more in the arena and he wouldve been able to take a place among the legends

I just didnt see this change coming.
    Oedi, Nate has said before he keeps backups of sold gladiators, make a free slot on that team and get Nate to restore him so you can retire Oedi and put him in the hall where he deserves to be.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

yeah, I'm in favor of this being allowed for Oedi. OG glads deserve that treatment. I would have said the same thing for thunderlips, chuck etc had they been sold
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Glad to see this change

Oedi, Nate has said before he keeps backups of sold gladiators, make a free slot on that team and get Nate to restore him so you can retire Oedi and put him in the hall where he deserves to be.
    cool Ill send him a pm then.
    I already got a free slot on the team(been waiting for something nice to pop up), and i already got a HOL slave eligible fo that slot so i dont really need the retirement to get to the slaves, but itd be really cool to have Oedi among the legends
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

The High Council of Twelve ??? Seems Nate has multiple personality desorder and his personalities like to discuss with each other, otherwise I don't see who the hell could the 11 other people in the council !!!

I agree that Oedi needs such a special treatment to join the HoL, he was a true legend of the Arena already when I joined !!!
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss