Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    The point is what Stormcloak says I think. Ussually ELO ranking is used when theres a lot of players playing in the same ranking so as everyone is there (the good ones, the average and the worse) so if you are good you will rank up easily and stay there, because if for some reason you are kicked down in ELO you will start fighting less skilled players normally and as you are better you will get your ELO up.

The point is that when the amount of people involved in the ELO ranking is small and the level is quite similar between then geting high ELO is very difficult as even when you are fighting people that by ranking are supossed to be worse than you you have high chances of losing and you will tend to lose more points when you lose than earn them when you win as this is how ELO works when you are over the average) so staying high is very difficult in this cases.

Thats exactly what happens in blood games I think. The problem relies in the ELO ranking itself. If you want people to be able to get higher ratings when they are only fighting other top players you need to think something arround, but thats very difficult. And maybe the movements helps motivating people so one or a few glad doesnt just dominate. But it can be very frustrating on the other hand as Cyna said.
    I think there is a lot of truth to this as well although I'm not sure the number of participants matters as much given the sheer volume of fights in the Blood Gods bracket.

EDIT: Nevermind, after some thought, number of fights doesn't matter so much. Lack of glads does.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 04-10-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris