Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    *Sigh* I mentioned that the Blood Gods monsters armed with all the achievements should not be considered "normal" options... Anyway - when was the last time when some of your tanks won vs. a equally competent bleeder? Or vs. a Rage with armour-piercing weapons? Or vs. competent a War or Theatrics with such weapons for that matter? In my opinion, the only reason why the tanks can still be seen in top 10 in the first two brackets is because some people still haven't figured out the few easy ways to beat them. Those who have beat them all the time.

Now, quite honestly, I understand bleeding like a woman on her period after being critted all game long, but it's rather ridiculous to have 247 bleeding after being stabbed for no more than 11 damage(top hit, most were under 6 damage).
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Quote Originally Posted by riggen View Post
    Now, quite honestly, I understand bleeding like a woman on her period after being critted all game long, but it's rather ridiculous to have 247 bleeding after being stabbed for no more than 11 damage(top hit, most were under 6 damage).
    It's a game and in this game where make believe monsters hit each other with fantastical weapons they also have special skills, skills that don't exist in real life. Some of the fake fantasy like skills offer benefits like extra bleeding.

From a more real life perspective an 11 damage hit could be a small wound where a blade enters the stomach, the 247 bleed can be from the punctured organs and internal injures. It's not uncommon for people to die from internal bleeding and only have superficial looking injuries on their skin.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Internal bleeding. Caused by a very small knife scratching my heavy armour's painting?
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Scratching artery between the armour pieces I guess. From wiki: Falchion - The weapon combined the weight and power of an axe with the versatility of a sword.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 06-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Just for reference, here's an example from today's Blood Games:

3 damage, 38 bleeding. That's a weeee bit over the top.

I will provide you with some statistic:

SEASON 1 (this is since 1 april when BL was more or less developed; previous results are worse; including only matches where the related stables was not inactive)

BL - 141 14-8
    BL - BEL 14-10
    BL - 1122 11-9
    BL - 109 17-7
    BL - ASA 13-4

The gladiator was ranked first (RANK 1 in Blood Gods) one or several times for short or longer period

SEASON 2 (includes all defensive warriors matches)

BL - ASA 3-2
    BL - Doofus 1-1

All provided statistics is from Blood Gods bracket. As we can see it is very hard to say one spec hard counter the other. It still vary from one gladiator to another. Also to discard defensive warriors and say they are useless is too radical. They performed and i'm pretty sure can still perform well if developed correctly.

If you need I can provide you with better examples where one spec is close to hard counter another but you got the wrong example.

I have no idea witch is your stable and who are your gladiators but I guess they are in the lower brackets where all kind of crazy things can happen. You made this thread and was so relentless in defending your opinion while most managers of the leading stables disagreed. Did you ever consider the possibility you may actually made some mistakes in developing/running your gladiators? If you think you did everything perfectly it will be very hard to improve further.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 06-04-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Nope, my observations were not only from the performance of my own gladiators but also from other tank vs. bleeder fights. The screenshot above is from two of the top Blood Game fighters during the respective month and the defensive War (011) lost so badly that it's not even fun. You could see similar examples on a daily basis*. I have a tank in Primus (Barrier) who's performing quite decently, except vs. defensive bleeders.

*By the way, I've noticed a drop in the performance of the defensive bleeders during the last... maybe 2 weeks or so. They still fight well but not so ridiculously well as before. Maybe something was changed?

I think nothing has changed in skills and mechanics. The Blood Gods gear has less AP then the regular gear. The regular AP/Def primus gear is probably a bit overpowered (in primus).

Hate to say it Kreegan but I don't see wielding a 2 Handed weapon like 011 does as being defensive...