Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    Give them a bigger weapon and Death From Above and they can do more than enough damage~
    What Prinny said.

"fun and balance trump reality thankfully."

Oh, I agree completely Dainaji.
    If anything, I'm a perfectionist... but am inconsistent at it, lol...

I believe that "THE GREAT CREATOR" is balancing out the game so that no, one class, can rule and beat everything - or at least he is working towards that. In most great games with staying power there is the rule of 3 - you can beat 2 but not the third. I think it is by design and that we will see more of this and not less.
    Jagged Rock STABLE
    Current Glads: Aeon Flux, Beatrix Kiddo, Tom Thumb, and Dinky Dawson
    Retired: Tank Girl, Lockerhead

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    If you've placed 100 skill points in the war tree and grabbed AF then your build is most likely a defensive one and you shouldn't be expecting to shower the crowd in an explosion of bone and blood. If you want an offensive war glad put points in Devastating Power, Brute Force and possibly Blood Drunk in the Rage tree and for sure grab DFA. You can't expect to have a maxed out war tree focused on defense and also have a great offense, just as a maxed out rage glad won't be exhausting anyone anytime soon.
    Thanks for redundantly repeating what I already said. But it has nothing to do with my point.
    I believe that "THE GREAT CREATOR" is balancing out the game so that no, one class, can rule and beat everything - or at least he is working towards that.
    It's not about one class beating everything else, it's about one build overwhelming another build pretty much unconditionally. And no, Death from Above + some big weapon doesn't change that, it just gets parried. You guys should try running gladiators without all achievements and see what's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    You guys should try running gladiators without all achievements and see what's the difference.
    I did with blarg pre-seasons. Non-HOL glad on just gold achievements and frequently made top 10.....

He couldnt make #1 though because of said "X build beats Y build unconditionally"
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

OK, maybe some serious discussion is in order. Lately the defensive War builds seem to lose against the vast number of the other builds - in the Blood Games and in the regular arena matches. They can be dropped down by both bleeding and sheer damage and the heavy armour doesn't seem to offer nearly enough protection for the huge encumbrance that it gives. There are Rages and Theatricses armed with axes/maces, sometimes even swords, which pierce through it enough times to bring the War down before losing even half of their endurance. The bleeders beat the crap out of the tanks, this is not even worth discussing, you just need to go through the daily matches.

So, soon after the big update which introduced all the new stuff, many people complained that the tanks resist too much damage. While this MAY have been true to an extent, it was also true that people were used to the old tactics and just refused to accept that they no longer work - like the famous 10 - Berserk - 10 which was pretty much the only Rage strategy - and didn't even try something new before declaring the Armoured Fortress build broken. Now, several months later, there are many adapted strategies, which combined with the overall nerf of the heavy armour, make the tanks not-so-impressive, to say the least.

Please, consider also gladiators which do not have full arsenal of achievements and super gear. The greater part of the gladiators in Blood Gods (although not all of them) equal upper tier 6 arena challenges, you can't build something like that without cycling through the Slave Market for some super-HoL and loading him/her with tons of achievements + top gear, so they do not really show a "normal" situation (in any case, the tanks in that bracket don't really seem to handle bleeders or most of the Rages really well). The tanks in Primus - which aren't too many - don't seem to go for Armoured Fortress any longer and some of them drop parts of the heavy armour.

In short, I think this build has been nerfed way too much. There should be some extra protection against bleeders and the armour-piercing power of some weapons should be reduced to a reasonable level (one-handed weapon scoring 600-700 Rampage damage vs. all defensive skills from the tree maxed is more than a bit too much, not to mention the 2H hits).

Not seeing it myself, in the top 10 of Blood Gods, half of the glads are defensive glads of some sort.

Rank 3 Onefortyone - 100 points in the warrior tree, defensive glad with polearm
    Rank 4 Beltank - 100 points in the warrior tree, defensive glad with mace/shield
    Rank 7 Bloody Lady - 100 Points in the theatric tree, defensive glad
    Rank 8 ZeroEleven - 100 points in the warrior tree, defensive glad with 2H
    Rank 10 OneZeroNine - 100 points in the warrior tree, defensive glad with mace/shield

So right now 40% of the top 10 in the game are warriors with 100 points in the warrior tree, 2 of them are dedicated shield users.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Pure war should be an option even if it has its clear counters. I agree with kreag there. But form what Cyna shows its seems it doesnt work that bad...

Yeah, not seeing it, defensive glads kick ass, the rankings show it and my scribe shows it!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

One of those tanks without armoured fortress and lower weight equipment in primus would be my glad Mid Boss and that has a very simple reason. He didn't get access to Armoured Fortress untill yesterday when he trained his 10th lvl in Light As A feather but naturally he was lvl 50 already so he needed armour to substitute for the lvl 30 equipment he was wearing when he reached that lvl