Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    She does not have Bloody Spectacle yet. For today she has 83 skill points.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 03-21-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Interestingly enough that seems to be the exact opposite of whats happening in the blood gods. Bloody Lady is terrorizing rages and theatrics but its the defensive warriors that can just out last her and make her drop from the fights i have been reading. There is a defensive warrior in first place right now matter of fact.
    You can't really compare an undertrained gladiator with the HoLs loaded with achievements that frequent the Blood Gods. I guess your Beltank makes no difference. The very fact that Blood Lady can make it to the top of the top bracket even without 100/100 trains certainly means that parrying Theatrics with strong defense focus are a very potent build. The parrying Wars on the other hand focus more on damage reduction than damage prevention and that helps little vs bleeders where taking a few scratches that trigger 20-30 bleeding each means defeat if the battle stretches beyond round 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    You can't really compare an undertrained gladiator with the HoLs loaded with achievements that frequent the Blood Gods. I guess your Beltank makes no difference. The very fact that Blood Lady can make it to the top of the top bracket even without 100/100 trains certainly means that parrying Theatrics with strong defense focus are a very potent build. The parrying Wars on the other hand focus more on damage reduction than damage prevention and that helps little vs bleeders where taking a few scratches that trigger 20-30 bleeding each means defeat if the battle stretches beyond round 10.
    Well that's whats amazing a undertrained non-HOL just made it to 1st place in blood gods (right now at 6:45pm EST she is in first), so that means to me the current build she has is just as good as all those maxed out HOL glads, I am not trying to put down Bloody Lady i am just saying the match-up's where she looses surprise me. I am sure we are fixing to see more of this build since its really just a gearing build to get most of the defense, I know i will probably try it on deepcutter myself at some point just to see how it works on an HOL.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 03-21-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Well that's whats amazing a undertrained non-HOL just made it to 1st place in blood gods (right now at 6:45pm EST she is in first), so that means to me the current build she has is just as good as all those maxed out HOL glads, I am not trying to put down Bloody Lady i am just saying the match-up's where she looses surprise me. I am sure we are fixing to see more of this build since its really just a gearing build to get most of the defense, I know i will probably try it on deepcutter myself at some point just to see how it works on an HOL.
    I am surprised that people are surprised defensive theatrics is a rock to the speed rage scissors, and I'm also surprised that people can be surprised at defensive war beating defensive theatrics.

Results from matches with identical setup in Blood Gods bracket:
    Rage:
    -Dual Wield 24-11
    -2H 7-5
    War:
    -Defensive 12-15
    -Offensive 4-2
    Theatrics: 23-2.

OMG there is a 2nd one! Just ran into a warrior in all defense gear named Penn... he seems a bit squishier though.

Yeah... Penn is still squishy. He's still under 75 skill points, so I'll be at a disadvantage for a bit.
    It's nice to be in the Blood God ranks none-the-less.

Cheers,
    Fire Birds Stable
    Gladiators: Penn "the Peaceful"
    Recruits: Cybele & Aaxte

“Only the dead have seen the end of war.” ― Plato

Still doing damn well for having 75 skill points Chrispi, I am trying it myself on one of my lower level guys, its interesting for sure.

So i went ahead an tried this on Phidippus Audax today, and i have to say its actually a fun way to run your glad.

I have Phidippus Audax running with a tower shield and a mix of leather and chain armor that give him + 328 Defense (115 from achievements) on the equipment screen and 277 defense on the tower shield, he is sitting at 20% encumbrance.

I have to say its funny as hell reading his fights even with him having NO defensive skills except for 9 in shield, he gets an insane amount of blocks, parries, making them miss. I can't wait to see it with some points in crowd pleaser.

Reading all the Parries and Blocks was why I started stacking Def. on Penn to begin with.
    I can't remember exactly, but I know I've had fights go well into round 50+ by just blocking and parry as a Tank.
    I was keeping track of my longest fight at lower levels, but I've not checked for awhile...
    I'm sure I had some pretty long fights with Barrier in Primus.

As a side note... with all the big hitters in Blood God having increased stam... It's becoming quite evident the Tanking / Outlasting is not as effective as it was in Primus. I suppose that Armored Fortress will help this somewhat, but even then I'm skeptical.
    Using Baseball terminology... Penn looks like a good AAA+ player, but can't cut it in the big leagues.
    Fire Birds Stable
    Gladiators: Penn "the Peaceful"
    Recruits: Cybele & Aaxte

“Only the dead have seen the end of war.” ― Plato