Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Conquests!

Just how long is this home stretch Nate? Is this like one of those dreams where you keep running for the door but you never reach it? All joking aside, take your time and get it right.

Awesomesauce
    Waiter, I'll have what he's having!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Sounds tasty!

Greetings Pit Masters! The long wait is almost over and the new update is scheduled to go live in the next 24-48 hours! It is a pretty large update and I expect the game to be offline for about an hour. I'll do my best to get it back online as quick as possible though. This update comes with a lot of new features one of which is an enhanced watch list and as a result all gladiators and teams on your current watch lists will be removed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

<3

I feel sorry for the taverns that have to cope with all the gladiators flooding them all at once during the down time. While the coin will be good, I dread the repair costs :P
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Well, servers are currently down, meaning that Nate is updating

In unrelated news, gladiators from the stable Team Win are wanted for questioning after several officers were dismembered after trying to break up a drinking contest between several high profile gladiators at the Salty Wench Tavern.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

I spoke with Zeta II about this incident, he told me he only remembers
    Drinking with ahhnold that night. He says his memory is a bit fuzzy after the first keg was floated. He did seem
    To remember banging Bruce lee's girl that night though.

Also for Nate, have you been able to restart your work on the story driven part conquest that you were previously working on?
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

From what I've gathered, Ahhnold was in on that too. Bit of revenge for being on the receiving end of a 1 inch punch when he was trying to pick up some upperclass ladies

Also for Nate, have you been able to restart your work on the story driven part conquest that you were previously working on?
    Conquests are being worked on in parallel with other updates on the todo list. I expect to see non-story mode conquests, treasure maps, team raids, etc. to come online before the story mode. These will be more akin to a dungeon crawl, with some light story elements that may or may not eventually work their way into the story. The single player story mode will take some time to develop as I first need to distill all my notes and thoughts into a cohesive story that the players can experience and enjoy. Since the player in Pit of War is actually the Master of a stable of gladiators that is what the story will center around, not the individual gladiators. If everything I have planned comes to fruition, players will enjoy a story where their decisions shape the story and they will be involved in political intrigue, underworld activities, wars, double dealing, backstabbing, ethical and moral dilemmas and of course lots of and lots of arena battles! I envision the story mode to be released in chapters as that will allow everyone to get their hands on it earlier and also give me more time to create the following chapters. I intend to also include the current players, stables and gladiators in the story as well to make a more immersive experience as we flesh out and explore the Great Realm together.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Since the player in Pit of War is actually the Master of a stable of gladiators that is what the story will center around, not the individual gladiators.
    I'm still totally going to be narrating Ahhnold's adventures in my head.... and maybe on the forums too :P

I intend to also include the current players, stables and gladiators in the story as well to make a more immersive experience as we flesh out and explore the Great Realm together.
    That sounds epic!

players will enjoy a story where their decisions shape the story and they will be involved in political intrigue, underworld activities, wars, double dealing, backstabbing, ethical and moral dilemmas
    I like this part. In every strategy game I keep looking for it. The heart of a true rpg.

Thanks Nate. Keeping a great hope from Conquests.