Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks for the debate and feedback, allow me to interject a few things for you all to chew on:

* The Hall of Legends is exactly that, a Hall for Legends. As such not every gladiator you buy and train is going to make it. Some will, some will not. The average win ratio for the current gladiators in Primus is almost 55% so many are very close to the magic number, it's not some impossibly difficult goal to achieve. If you don't think your current gladiator(s) have the chops to meet the requirements then ask yourself if you are better off selling them and buying a new slave to start over and try again. Only you can make that decision. Contrary to some beliefs, non-HOL slaves are still very capable of meeting the requirements and with many top gladiators being promoted into Seasons periodically it will become even easier.

* You can't predict future wins and losses in Seasons from the first few days of combat. In the beginning everyone is rated the same so stronger opponents are matched with weaker ones more often until enough battles play out and "correct" ratings are established. At that time if you have a gladiator who was winning or losing a lot that will very likely change since they will be matched up more often with other gladiators of a similar rating.

* Each Master has to decide what they find enjoyable in the game. If always being #1 is the only thing you find enjoyable then by all means you'll want to do what you need to in order to make that happen. If on the other hand you are the "it's the journey not the destination" kind of player then make whatever decisions you need to in order to achieve that goal and find what you enjoy.

* If at a later time it proves too difficult for gladiators to meet the requirements we'll revisit it and make appropriate changes. It might be a modified version of something like Cyn suggested or something completely different. I don't think we are at that point right now though, however, I'll keep my eye on it.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    The average win ratio for the current gladiators in Primus is almost 55% so many are very close to the magic number, it's not some impossibly difficult goal to achieve.
    Not disagreeing but would like to think about that for a lot of Non-HOL glads, they where able to do this because of the challenge system, challenging other non-hol glads or even hol glads (including down challenging glads that where not part of the top 40) that they had a good style match-up against to get more wins then losses. I think that is why Seasons is freaking out people managing non-hol glads that got sucked into Blood Gods, they have lost that ability to challenge favorable match ups and are now going head to head with those HOL glads they normally avoided a lot more, thus lowering their win/loss ratio and giving them no hope that it will go back up due to there loss of there ability to control the fights. Add in the fact that now when you loose a couple of fights you don't drop 20-30 ranks in primus and are now in the top 60 fighting those glads, your now stuck in blood gods fighting the top 40 and no one else. Its a difficult shift in how they can control their fights for managers who are just trying to get a normal glad to 1500 fights at 55% win.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Well, it is a sort of catch 22, if you are trying to build up your win rate through challenging/challenge avoid everyday, every fight, you will rank higher than you otherwise would, possibly earning you an entrance to BG you may not want.
    If someone didn't actively game the challenge system so much, and there are managers who do nothing but down-challenge everyday, they may not have gotten thrown into the BG pool in the first place.

This obviously don't apply to all, but you can't be actively gaming the challenge system to get a higher than should rank and then complain about being moved to a tougher bracket.

with the way points were awarded, you could lose every 2-3 fights and not progress in rank/points. That's what seemed to be the case anyway when i was watching random matchups.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

When does "The Next Week" Kick in, Prinny wants to enter his glads!

Well if its 7 days after it started should be today, or tonight.

Anyone got any guesses as to what the ranking points cut off is going to be from "The criteria to be promoted involves being in the top 10 and having above a certain number of ranking points", so from that the most we could see promoted per week is 10 since you have to be in the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Well if its 7 days after it started should be today, or tonight.

Anyone got any guesses as to what the ranking points cut off is going to be from "The criteria to be promoted involves being in the top 10 and having above a certain number of ranking points", so from that the most we could see promoted per week is 10 since you have to be in the top 10.
    I'm working on getting some in-game documentation regarding Blood Gods/Seasons that will explain some of these things. Tuesdays at 2am PST are the day Blood Gods are awarded BGP and qualifying Primus gladiators are promoted.

Thanks for your patience and good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

cool. now to make sure Bruce stays on top till then. goal is 1400 rating (made it to 1392 before a loss...)
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

So i see Belca Noctircus made it in! But was he the only one, I don't see any others? Last i checked Belca and Bloody Lady where only like 500 points apart and i see Bloody Lady is still in Primus, did anyone catch how many points Belca had when he got promoted? Was he over 360k maybe and that's why he was the only one that went in?

Belca Noctircus was just above 350k from what i saw. So i guess the cutoff is 350k.