Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The one thing I hate in this game...

...is chain challenging.

Now i am not talking about normal challenging where you are seeing if you can beat someone and it takes 2-4 tries to get a strategy down and then your winning against them and then move on to the next challenging gladiator in line. Or even just picking random people just to make the extra gold. Or even when you challenge all of a manager's glads just cause you think they are an ass and want to see what will happen if you do it.

No I am talking about when a manager has a match up that gives them a heavy stylistic advantage and then they spend ALL of their fight tokens challenging that one glad, one right after the other in a chain.

In the past I have just ignored it, I am sure some people find it fun, and maybe that's what they like to do... more power to you. I just want to say i am not ignoring it anymore, and today i chain challenged the person back, it was boring as hell honestly, it was like reading the same fight 8 times, I am not sure how anyone gets enjoyment out of it but that's just my opinion.

So bottom line, if you want to chain challenge my glads and that's what makes this game fun for you, go for it... just expected it right back at your stable from mine.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

There is a 15 minute cooldown on challenges, so unless they are waiting it out or doing it with multiple glads I don't think that is possible unless you are in the top 10. If you are talking about a glad in the top 10 I don't really see a problem with someone doing this because it's part of the package of being at the top and fighting to keep your position. Everyone is gunning for you and your spot. I think your response is appropriate though and may the best stable win! To be honest I'm not a big fan of how everyone is all peace and flowers at the top, a little sprinkling of anger and revenge will be a nice addition. An alternative solution would be to play with your strategies and see if you can find something that works well to defend against the challenges yet still kicks the crap out of everyone. Just my two cents.

Have you tried using the Avoid drop down and selecting the gladiator picking on you?
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

As always has been the case, the challenger will continue to challenge until you show that you can beat them. It's an easy win for them, so why not take it. Best way to stop it...is just what you are doing...beat them down and usually it will stop. At times it becomes a small little back and forth battle until one of the gladiators outpaces the others in the rankings...and at times that is actually pretty fun..a little rivalry of sorts.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    As always has been the case, the challenger will continue to challenge until you show that you can beat them. It's an easy win for them, so why not take it. Best way to stop it...is just what you are doing...beat them down and usually it will stop. At times it becomes a small little back and forth battle until one of the gladiators outpaces the others in the rankings...and at times that is actually pretty fun..a little rivalry of sorts.
    Hear hear! +1!

Solstice vs Thunder Lips! Those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    Have you tried using the Avoid drop down and selecting the gladiator picking on you?
    I've always wondered about that, does that work for just your fight token your spending or does it keep working all day after you do it?

Ah, yes..who could ever forget The Thunder Vag vs The Golden Child...at least that what it was called over in these stables.
    LOL..I think I'm gonna go dig through the Forum for some of those ramblings..that was fun
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

I've always wondered about that, does that work for just your fight token your spending or does it keep working all day after you do it?
    That's a good question, I'm not sure. I've never had someone pick on me that I wanted to avoid! I know it works when you use your own token. I guess you could give a try and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    Hear hear! +1!

Solstice vs Thunder Lips! Those were the days!
    I hear what you two are saying and i get it.

Like I've said before I prefer the "harder" fights of not challenging. I say harder cause you have to have your glad ready to fight anyone, i that is a tougher fight then picking who you will face, again its just what i find fun. I get that some people prefer challenging and having rivalries and all that, its just not my thing. I don't view the normal arena fights as being personal at all, hell i think of us all as being the managers sitting up in the managers box drinking beer together and sharing tips on how to manage your gladiators as the gladiators battle it out down in the pits.

Like I've said before I prefer the "harder" fights of not challenging. I say harder cause you have to have your glad ready to fight anyone, i that is a tougher fight then picking who you will face, again its just what i find fun. I get that some people prefer challenging and having rivalries and all that, its just not my thing. I don't view the normal arena fights as being personal at all, hell i think of us all as being the managers sitting up in the managers box drinking beer together and sharing tips on how to manage your gladiators as the gladiators battle it out down in the pits.
    I wouldn't want to play in an environment where it was completely hostile 24/7/365. I think it is cool we've been able to build friendships and what not and as you say sit in your vip boxes and toss back some ale while watching our glads duke it out, but it is far more exciting for me to be able to elbow you in the ribs while taking a drag on the hooka and say "Hey Cyn, isn't that <enter jackass manager's name here> piece of crap glad your boy is killing right now? Slave! Another ale for my friend here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    ...is chain challenging.

Now i am not talking about normal challenging where you are seeing if you can beat someone and it takes 2-4 tries to get a strategy down and then your winning against them and then move on to the next challenging gladiator in line. Or even just picking random people just to make the extra gold. Or even when you challenge all of a manager's glads just cause you think they are an ass and want to see what will happen if you do it.

No I am talking about when a manager has a match up that gives them a heavy stylistic advantage and then they spend ALL of their fight tokens challenging that one glad, one right after the other in a chain.

In the past I have just ignored it, I am sure some people find it fun, and maybe that's what they like to do... more power to you. I just want to say i am not ignoring it anymore, and today i chain challenged the person back, it was boring as hell honestly, it was like reading the same fight 8 times, I am not sure how anyone gets enjoyment out of it but that's just my opinion.

So bottom line, if you want to chain challenge my glads and that's what makes this game fun for you, go for it... just expected it right back at your stable from mine.
    I'm the other party here and did it over the past couple days and it was in no way intended to be personal. My only justification is that my glad would always challenge up as high as possible, or if there was noone above, challenge the glad directly below him. Just always happens to nearly always be an AB gold or BA gold glad.

I am trying to work out how Belwraith consistently manages to get 3 swings in before Ahhnold can get in 1, when they both use a speed 1 weapon and ahhnold has a bit more agility. must be the extra str and size of belwraith that does it... /unsure.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 02-11-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!