Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seasons

Thanks for the suggetion Cyn, I appreciate it. The ability for a player to decide to join or leave won't be happening in the foreseeable future for a number of reasons though I think. One major reason is there will always be that one guy who decides he's going to just stick around in Primus and bully everyone and ruin the experience for all involved. The same holds true for the player who demotes his gladiator(s) for a similar reason. The second one is even worse because he could be "fully loaded" with gear. This is the Internet we're dealing with, remember? We already have players trying to "slow level" or "just do tavern fights" in an attempt to game the system. It won't be any different at the top. We gamers are a crafty bunch as you already know.

The idea of removing the bottom X% is not that dissimilar to how many European soccer leagues do things. Bottom teams get demoted for not performing well giving them a chance to rebuild and see what they were doing wrong against weaker competition and top teams get promoted to see if they can continue to climb against stronger opponents.

One of my main jobs it to balance freedom, flexibility and fun vs cheating, exploitation, and trolls. It's a tough job!

Thanks again for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    This is the Internet we're dealing with, remember?
    That is true, I always forget about that since there is currently such a great group of players in this game.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

That is true, I always forget about that since there is currently such a great group of players in this game.
    And I give praise to the divine Blood Gods for that!

The way things are set up now without rotating in and out is still pretty solid I think. If a gladiator gets promoted "too early" they'll struggle a bit in that season but then they'll get a clean slate in the next season and be all the more ready. Kind of like failing a class in college and then getting an A the next semester because you're more prepared and have a head start.

I'm very much enjoying seasons. Just putting it out there
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Currently, since the BG population is so small, newer glads may have a rough time since they are more likely to be matched up with a top manager's glad. However, as BG grows larger I think it will be a less harsh experience for non-hol/unprepared etc. glads since they will have less chance of such a matchup. I think that leaving the system as it is, letting the BG population grow week by week, will remedy this situation better than cycling out the poor performers.

What do you think about each week the bottom X% of gladiators in Seasons get demoted back into Primus where they can hone their skills once again and work their way back into the Blood Gods bracket? They would keep whatever BGP they've earned and any gear they've attained but would no longer compete in Seasons until promoted again. Once promoted again their record would be reset and they would start back with a 1000 Rating. This is just an idea that could be interesting, it isn't something I am planning to do yet but wanted to hear your thoughts.
    This idea I like. You have my vote on this.

Edit removed. meh.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 03-11-2013 at 05:49 AM.

I've noticed that 5 glads in blood gods have already been sold off. I must say, it isnt fun seeing Blarg and Arg flounder so badly in the BGs, and I kinda wish they were back in primus.

Once we see season gear, things may change and the incentive to at least stay in BGs for gear is there.... but everyone else will be tooled up too, making it still a case of being in the lower ranks...

hmmmm
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I think the idea to drop the lowest ranked glad(s), so they can lick their wounds is great. It gets really old being at the bottom all day every day. Can't start anew since my hol doesn't have 55% w/l anymore. Next best thing is to retire the slot, just not fight the glad...not exactly what I want to do. I don't think the relegation needs to happen every week, maybe once a month 2 worst glads drop down.
    Feed Us Blood
    Dilbert Green, Pasquinelli, Damone, Benjiboo & St Lucceiia

Foo Fighters
    Foo Bar, Kung Fooo, Pitythe Foo, Foo Ton & Foo Die

As a young boy, HipsterD dreamt of being a gladiator. Angered by his fathers unwillingness to sell him off as a slave, he ran away and joined the circus...wrong circus. After enduring endless face painting, he decided that pies had no damage inflicting properties at all, so he shanghaied the bearded lady and started a stable of his own.

So we have been at it just shy of 3 months now. What exactly is the difference between Blood Gods and the Blood Games now other then the elite fighters equipping in Blood God equipment and becoming even more lopsided in the arena vs the lower half of fighters?

Of the top 25 spots in Blood Gods, there are the same 20 fighters in the top 25 in the Blood Games. The only thing Blood Gods tier is doing is raising the top glads higher and beating the 2nd half into oblivion.
    I think it is pretty reasonable to suggest that the 2nd half of Blood Gods will never ever climb to the top being that they are being outdistanced in equipment now. With Legendary gear being available and pretty insane.

7 of the top 10 in the Blood Games are in the top 10 of Blood Gods.

It just seems redundant, outside of an expected few positions changes, the same glads are in basically the same positions in both arena's. It's great if your in the top 15, but other then that, your just punching bag for the top 15 while you watch the 16-41 so called "Blood God" fall well below a .50% mark overall.

This leads up to what? Another even smaller tier for the God's of the Blood Gods.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

I find the whole idea rather redundant to be honest, it was rather clear from the beginning that Blood Gods will be Blood Games v.2. There's a positive effect though - the gladiators who can not compete with the super-HoLs equipped with uber-gear and overloaded with achievements can stay in Primus, keep their performance adequate and win more gold than they would otherwise. I'm fine with that. Going to Blood Gods without a super-gladiator is pointless for the same reason as going to the Blood Games without such - you are very unlikely to win something more than injuries.