Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Seasons

I will be happy to see the rating gear with + stats removed and replaced with some shining gear (colored) or some nice title.
    Can't see a reason to make the strongest even more stronger and separated from the rest.
    Examples:
    -you play chess and win a game then you start the next game with +1 pawn;
    -in team game the winning team start next game with +1 player;
    -in a race the winner start next race with +20hp; (I agree this was not very good example);
    To me this doesn't make sense.
    The BG points gear is ok since everyone will eventually have it just a bit slower for lower ranks.
    I think no matter the ladder format we will find the top ladder gladiators performing well in the Blood Games. This is expected.
    Reaching and participating in the BG bracket is an achievement by itself. Its something like the gladiator becomes a grandmaster while the regular masters are in Primus.
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 06-04-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    So we have been at it just shy of 3 months now. What exactly is the difference between Blood Gods and the Blood Games now other then the elite fighters equipping in Blood God equipment and becoming even more lopsided in the arena vs the lower half of fighters?

Of the top 25 spots in Blood Gods, there are the same 20 fighters in the top 25 in the Blood Games. The only thing Blood Gods tier is doing is raising the top glads higher and beating the 2nd half into oblivion.
    I think it is pretty reasonable to suggest that the 2nd half of Blood Gods will never ever climb to the top being that they are being outdistanced in equipment now. With Legendary gear being available and pretty insane.

7 of the top 10 in the Blood Games are in the top 10 of Blood Gods.

It just seems redundant, outside of an expected few positions changes, the same glads are in basically the same positions in both arena's. It's great if your in the top 15, but other then that, your just punching bag for the top 15 while you watch the 16-41 so called "Blood God" fall well below a .50% mark overall.

This leads up to what? Another even smaller tier for the God's of the Blood Gods.
    I agree totally.

When blood gods was first announced in the chat and it was talked about I really thought it was going to be more different from the regular arena then it currently is. I really didn't think blood gods would be able to fight in the blood games as they have ascended and are now above the concerns of mortal men. If anything the blood games is a tribute to the blood gods themselves. In that line of thinking i expected the blood games to be primus and below gladiators only, and the prize to be toned down a bit, in fact what i would do for the prize is allow the winner to select one purple item from the BGP store of their choice, kinda of like how the HOL slave works, they could take multiple days to pick it or use trophies to refresh if they wanted.

If anything i think Nate could have taken the blood gods even farther and separated it from the normal arena even more with things like:
    - All injuries are auto healed at the end of fights... they are gods after all
    - Armor repairs costs 0 for Blood Gods... who would dare charge a god
    - Blood God fights do not reward gold just experience and a few BGP points... again the point is they are above mortal concerns such as gold, i do think we should get some BGP points per fight to promote doing all your fights per day and extra if you can
    - Blood Gods are no longer part of a stable but rather are from a stable, they will fight former stablemates in the blood god arena... no one manages a god
    - I am sure there are more things that could be done but you get the point.

Things like that to make the blood gods even more different the normal arena.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 04-24-2013 at 04:29 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Agreed, but Blood God's is not a choice, nor can you challenge or avoid specific specialties. Indeed it is built for the Super Glads (Blood Gods) and that is a good thing, but those that fall somewhere between really good Primus and not so good Blood God, really get the short end.

Perhaps Blood Gods is to big, seems that there are truly only 15-20 super glads all the others after the 20 spot would be great Primus fighters but that's about it. No reason to destroy a great Primus fighter just for the top Blood Gods have a punching bag every day.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

I really didn't think blood gods would be able to fight in the blood games as they have ascended and are now above the concerns of mortal men]
    "Blood Gods" is the name of a bracket not a promotion into immortality. The name reflects an honorific title bestowed upon the best in the arena paying homage to the true Blood Gods.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

So we have been at it just shy of 3 months now
    Actually we're just shy of 2 months. The season started on the 5th of March.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I think it is pretty reasonable to suggest that the 2nd half of Blood Gods will never ever climb to the top being that they are being outdistanced in equipment now. With Legendary gear being available and pretty insane.
    All gladiators in Blood Gods earn BGP and will in time be outtfitted in top purple Season gear, those gladaitors who perform better will get their gear sooner. Only the very best will ever get legendary items via BGP but even those currently with legendary items don't dominate the arena.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Also agree. I was hoping for something closer to a tournament format. Along with having your glad promoted, the stable of origin could be rewarded with a replacement slot...could potentially help keep the rest of the ranks filled with emerging glads. Preferably one of the HOL replacement slaves
    Feed Us Blood
    Dilbert Green, Pasquinelli, Damone, Benjiboo & St Lucceiia

Foo Fighters
    Foo Bar, Kung Fooo, Pitythe Foo, Foo Ton & Foo Die

As a young boy, HipsterD dreamt of being a gladiator. Angered by his fathers unwillingness to sell him off as a slave, he ran away and joined the circus...wrong circus. After enduring endless face painting, he decided that pies had no damage inflicting properties at all, so he shanghaied the bearded lady and started a stable of his own.

Thanks for the feedback and discussion. As always, if at any time you have well thought out ideas and suggestions please feel free to add them to the suggestions forums and in time you might find it makes its way into the game!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

What exactly is the difference between Blood Gods and the Blood Games
    The Blood Games are a month long tournament where you know your opponent ahead of time each day where you can then research them and modify your strategy if you so choose to increase your chance of winning.

The Blood Gods bracket is the top bracket in the arena where 3 month long seasons take place in a round robin tournament format and gladiators earn BGP for their success and have access to premium gear not available to others. Records are reset each season and new gear introduced periodically. Eventually, Blood Gods achievements will be introduced with some tied to conquests (i.e. only those with achievement X will have access to a dungeon, etc.)

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-