Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Also the majority of the fights in the top 25 are verse glads who are equipped the same.
    hm that makes sense.. although top25 seems too low of a sample population to test the balance of the game.

If pit fights have a fight format of ignoring achievement buffs while fighting with grey/white weapons, they could perhaps be a great platform to cost-effectively test various builds easily at all levels based on mere skills and strategies.. particularly when advanced builds will come into picture.
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 01-29-2013 at 01:53 PM.

As they should. They are Two-Handed damage monsters who specialize in teeing up slow moving things! FORE!!! Don't want to get smashed? Don't stand around!
    You're a great source of useless information as always. A War in full heavy armour + Wall Shield (you don't have one of those as far as I know so I'm not sure where are you pulling your conclusions from) running a 10 activity strategy vs. a 2H Rage gets pummelled no matter if he's trying to attack or defend. That's hardly "standing around". The other Rage builds may or may not overpower this War build, depending on strategies, gear, attributes and so on acceptable things. The 2H Rages overpower it pretty much unconditionally. That's not really "balanced".

In general however the balance is indeed much better than before the Big Bang... Update.

2H rage was always meant to trump defensive glads but struggle against fast aggressive styles so I dont see what the big deal is with a 2H glad beating up a tin can like it's meant to. my glads still get exhausted from time to time too by defensive wars. Ahhnold just got 2 losses from The Returned and Valnoar for that reason.

I may be biased because I run 3 of the 4-5 2H ragers in primus, but they still get their fair share of losses, even after messing around with gear and race. I'm not expecting them to stick around a whole heap once people work out how to counter them.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 01-29-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I only have one rage in my stable now, but my 2h rage still runs out of stamina against some wars on occasion, and most 2h ragers are still swimming in the mid to low end of Primus, so I don't see anything OP about 2h rages at all.

Adrenal rush is only annoying if you didn't train it, when both rages in a fight have it, it's not so big a deal.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 01-29-2013 at 05:19 PM.

You're a great source of useless information as always.
    Glad I could be of help, I actually lost sleep last night wondering if you would approve of my comment on an Internet game forum! Boy am I happy you did! *KISSES*

A War in full heavy armour + Wall Shield (you don't have one of those as far as I know so I'm not sure where are you pulling your conclusions from)
    There are a lot of things you don't know and this is the least of them. *HUGS*
    Last edited by Dainoji; 01-29-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: for Kreegan's constant glass is half empty party
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    I may be biased because I run 3 of the 4-5 2H ragers in primus, but they still get their fair share of losses, even after messing around with gear and race. I'm not expecting them to stick around a whole heap once people work out how to counter them.
    Hopefully they do stay around, I don't currently have any myself but if we ever get to where we can unlearn i think Belwraith is going to swap over and give it a try, Zmash's old 2h sword looks good on him with 17str 5agil, it puts him at 205 str, 140 agil.... looking forward to figuring out how to smash shit with it.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

I'm still learning about 2H rage and made my guys with a few different skills. The real surprise has been Arg who has both the worst stats of the bunch and the build I least expected to do well. Ahhnold will probably be shuffling some skills around once he can.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

2H rage was always meant to trump defensive glads but struggle against fast aggressive styles so I dont see what the big deal is with a 2H glad beating up a tin can like it's meant to. my glads still get exhausted from time to time too by defensive wars. Ahhnold just got 2 losses from The Returned and Valnoar for that reason.
    I think the topic got a bit off track. The original crying (by me of course) was the new found speed of 2H Rages. 3 swings per round from a 2H is just "insanity"
    If he's sporting a 140+ agility I could see it as a possibility, giving up some points in other attributes in order to gain the added speed, which would result in a reduced damage. But 3 swings coming from a 80's agility?? c'mon that's nutz especially when adding on a rampage, crippling might and a sunder on each swing..
    The idea of swinging that much that hard and landing crits at will..it just doesn't jive.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

I think the topic got a bit off track. The original crying (by me of course) was the new found speed of 2H Rages. 3 swings per round from a 2H is just "insanity"
    If he's sporting a 140+ agility I could see it as a possibility, giving up some points in other attributes in order to gain the added speed, which would result in a reduced damage. But 3 swings coming from a 80's agility?? c'mon that's nutz especially when adding on a rampage, crippling might and a sunder on each swing..
    The idea of swinging that much that hard and landing crits at will..it just doesn't jive.
    It's possible you are seeing the effects of Total Carnage not an 80 agility. Total Carnage awards extra attacks.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kaos View Post
    the new found speed of 2H Rages. 3 swings per round from a 2H
    That must be Total Carnage level 10 in action, which increases the number of attacks a glad gets per round. Plus Nate mentioned two handed weapons now swing more but damage less per hit to prevent all-or-nothing situations which happened earlier. With berserk fighting style at activity10 the number of attacks per round will still increase. I don't think there is any cap on the number of attacks a glad gets or should get. Again, if he has annihilation skill he may have an upper hand if the opponent is parrying and not trained in intercepting guard and by nature styles like berserk have an upper hand against parrying styles. Next, high chi + high intellect + called shot + total carnage + a lot of activated skills at disposal = great critical hits. I guess new rage tree is meant to survive on that.

All these must have cascaded together in the fights. Whether they should or should not, well I don't know..
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 01-30-2013 at 11:37 PM.