Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insanity

Personally I am glad that Arthas after the update has progressed from Legend (428/479 win/loss) to Maximus today (534/499 win/loss) and can now even dream of honored retirement which never seemed possible before. Yet short of 30 skills to complete the 100, he is a shield-wielding light armored warrior.. who attacks back at the right moment.
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 01-29-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    And for those wondering about the "end game", these are the stats for just level 50 gladiators:

RAGE vs WAR
    * Rage Wins: 52.7%
    * War Wins: 47.3%

WAR vs THEATRICS
    * War Wins: 55.8%
    * Theatrics Wins: 44.2%

THEATRICS vs RAGE
    * Theatrics Wins: 53.8%
    * Rage Wins: 46.2%
    Fine... we have different opinions of end game but yes that doesn't look too bad at all. Is there anyway we could see those numbers for the top 25 and top 50 glads of primus?
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

beep....beep.....beeeeeeeep......We take this moment for a short message from the Great Realm broadcasting agency....this is not a test.

Below are the current win/loss percentages for specialty matchups for the entire arena over the course of thousands and thousands of fights since the last update.

RAGE vs WAR
    * Rage Wins: 50.5%
    * War Wins: 49.5%

WAR vs THEATRICS
    * War Wins: 50.1%
    * Theatrics Wins: 49.9%

THEATRICS vs RAGE
    * Theatrics Wins: 58.1%
    * Rage Wins: 41.9%

And for those wondering about the "end game", these are the stats for just level 50 gladiators:

RAGE vs WAR

WAR vs THEATRICS
    * War Wins: 55.8%
    * Theatrics Wins: 44.2%

THEATRICS vs RAGE
    * Theatrics Wins: 53.8%
    * Rage Wins: 46.2%

The Great Realm has never been so balanced.

beep....beep.....beeeeeeeep...this concludes our message, please continue with your debate and as always....

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
    I love you Nate

I also love that rage is working for more than 1 manager (cyn, who's proven to be good with all styles) and TBH I think a lot of frustration of other managers comes from rage being visibly better than before while disregarding how they were not that great before hand.

I will agree that adrenalin rush is a little annoying in the rage vs rage matches, but oh well... nothing is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    1st- I am pumped to see 2hand rages doing better. We have never seen a 2hander sniff the top for long here, so to me it is refreshing. I feel the big irk with 2handers is when you lose to one, you lose BIG!!! and lets face it, we all here are a tad competitive and we hate seeing our guy get completely destroyed in fight, but they (2hand rage) also lose big as well.
    Very true about when you lose, you lose big. there are also matches that are just like before the update and your 2H glad gets off 1 big swing and then dies. I'm loving that Ahhnold is making appearances in the top 10 as it fills me with hope for the style, even if he is a stat freak.

2nd- I think theatrics are loaded with great skills, and I have also seen a decline in the effectiveness right now in the dual mace theatric. I attribute that to not building them right. I know some of us will eventually get some good ideas and good strategies to go with them and make an awesome mace theatric.
    Stacked str + counterattack doesnt work for them anymore, which is why i think they are doing poorly compared to before. there may be a terrifying build luring in there still however. Bleed theatrics is phenomenal now as far as I can tell. it is competitive vs my rage glads and there are 2-3 of them in the top 20 iirc

I feel the current shortcomings on some of our builds are due to not knowing much about the new fight engine yet. But i am personally having fun trying to figure it out.
    Bingo. Just wait till unlearning comes along and see how things change
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 01-29-2013 at 04:03 AM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Is there anyway we could see those numbers for the top 25 and top 50 glads of primus?
    What makes a Primus-top25 gladiator different from a level 50 gladiator?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarion199 View Post
    What makes a Primus-top25 gladiator different from a level 50 gladiator?
    Well a level 50 glad could be a fresh level 50 and probably doesn't have 100 skill points yet (specifically 10 skills at rank 10) and may not have even started skill training yet. Also they might be wearing green/blue equipment.

While on the other hand the glads in the top 25 are more "finished" they have 100 skill points, they have their stats trained up (or are close to having them fully trained up), are most likely in full purple gear, and they have a tendency to run more than 2 achievement slots. Of course there are always exceptions but I'd guess that's true for the majority of the top 25 of Primus. Also the majority of the fights in the top 25 are verse glads who are equipped the same, there are no easy fights.

I guess as far as I'm concerned I feel the same as Crow and i have to agree with Cyn, Adrenaline rush seems to be a bit over powered. I thought Adrenaline Rush would be a 1-2 round bezerk on steroids that maintained your fighting style, when we were all trying to figure out what the new skills would do. And my thought is: find a nice balance between +Attack power/+ attk speed / -defense (perhaps slight damage reduction). It would sound more like a real adrenaline rush anyways and i think everyone's complaints about the balancing might be alleviated. Just a thought.

I feel the current shortcomings on some of our builds are due to not knowing much about the new fight engine yet. But i am personally having fun trying to figure it out.
    Bingo. Just wait till unlearning comes along and see how things change

*7C's steeples his fingers and grins slyly*
    Last edited by sevenseas; 01-29-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

RAGE vs WAR
    Yup, but that's with a very small number of 2H Rages in Primus (4 or 5, don't have the time to count them at the moment). The other Rage builds seem balanced overall, just the two-handers currently outperform both defensive Wars and defensive Theatrics. Not sure about the offensive builds as I currently don't have a decently built offensive gladiator in Primus.

just the two-handers currently outperform both defensive Wars and defensive Theatrics
    As they should. They are Two-Handed damage monsters who specialize in teeing up slow moving things! FORE!!! Don't want to get smashed? Don't stand around!

Nate didn't anyone teach you that nobody likes facts!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

For those of you crying about Rage gladiators being powerful because "so many are in the top 10 now", the fact of the matter is they are mostly run by Cynaidh and he has proven time and time again that he can get all or almost all of his glads into the top 10 anytime he chooses. I'm sure if he had a stable of all theatrics gladiators right now he could figure out how to get them all into the top 10. I'm sure he could run rage gladiators without Adrenaline Rush and get them into the top 10. If everyone spent as much energy on figuring out how to win with their current builds as they do crying you'd all be in the top 10!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    I'm sure he could run rage gladiators without Adrenaline Rush and get them into the top 10.
    Ya... at least one of the ones in the top 10 doesn't have it... I honestly didn't want to put it on as many as i did. Crazy ass defensive skill on my rages! It only got put on the rest when i found out it did damage at least... I still feel dirty inside for putting a defensive skill on them though.