Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Share some tips with us new players! :P I've only played a day or two before the changes happened, but I've been watching Primus tier, hoping to learn something from gear setups as a percentage of the top 50 or so. Definitely a lot more Shield and Mace Wars. In the lower tiers, (Veteran and under) I've seen 2H Ragers and Wars in general doing better than others, such as Theatrics. Or maybe that's because there's just so many more of them. Anyways, looking to see how this pans out. I've gotten about 6 or 7 of my friends interested in the game, and we're all climbing the tiers slowly together!

with the old game engine, 2H styles did well in lower tiers but sucked in primus, especially 2H rage. I'm starting to see some good results with 2H rage post update, but i'll have to see how that goes once everone is dialed in with their builds. it may become OP with some tweeking or go back to being one of the weaker builds.

I can say with certainty though that Total Carnage is amazing and a must for any rager!
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    Sorry Nate but I won't join the concert of praise, so far I am quite unhappy with the changes.

My feeling is that defense got too much of a boost and that often makes fights long, boring and in the end frustrating...

I'm also under the impression that the previous rock/paper/scissors mechanics between styles got even dramatically accentuated... Theatrics especially had already a hard time against defensive warriors before, but it got even worse as they hardly land any hits on them anymore... To make the game interesting all styles must have a chance against each others...

The fact that 7/10 of the Top 10 of Primus are now war style, almost all of them being tanks, quite confirms those first impressions and make me think that game balance is currently quite broken...

On the positive side, some new skills are very fun and nice, especially Adrenaline Crush and Surprise Ending...
    I agreed with what your saying threw the first couple of days of the update, but now I am beginning to believe it is more balanced. Part of the problem was that the "tank" or "scum" spec for warriors is very straight forward, it's an "easy" spec to plan out. So a lot of people, myself included, jumped on it cause it was clear it was going to be effective. Another part was that they game changed so much that all our existing strategies where now not nearly as effective, this hit rages especially hard i believe. So on day 1 and 2 these glads where hurting as we tried to find strategies that somewhat worked on them and they bombed down the ranks as they lost time and time again, I know i am still struggling to find good overall strategies for my rages, but some of them are turning around i believe or at least hope. Theatrics where the same way, they have so many options now its hard to even get a grasp on them. But I am becoming a fan of the tier 5 talent and a bleed spec, my bleeder is even getting these scum warriors to bleed out with success now. Subject31 is in the top 5 and has a crushing 10 point lead in the BG, so he is showing us all how to get it done as a bleeder theatrics. Again looking at the top 5 you got Prinny, The Returned, Beltank, and Valnoar showing that yes the tank warrior can work.... are they going to stay there, I don't think so personally, they just got to rocket up while rage, theatrics and offensive warriors are figuring out whats going on right now. I know my rage sitting in 4th place has beaten i believe all of them that aren't in his stable already and is getting more and more regular at beating these tank warriors (ironically he is one of the rages i have who doesn't Adrenaline Rush, maybe its overrated). Then if you want to look at offensive warriors Belca, Alpha III, and good old Laharl are all right there in the top 15ish pushing up to the top 10.

The fact is all the specialties changed so much I am not surprised that as it was put yesterday a "low hanging fruit" the tank warrior spec was jumped on so fast and has become dominate. But as the rest figure out their new strategies I'll be surprised if they stay at the top.

Heck right now there is 5 defensive warriors, 4 rages and 1 theatric in the primus top 10, the defensive warriors are already starting to fall out some.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 01-17-2013 at 05:51 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Theatrics bleeders certainly CAN drop defensive Wars.
    Rages who actually apply some strategy certainly CAN drop defensive Wars.
    And the defensive Wars themselves certainly CAN hold their ground, although they are far from invincible. I too expect their popularity to decline (except some uber-powerful HoL slaves doped-up with achievements who will be in top 20 with pretty much any build) when their counters become more obvious.

Theatrics bleeders MAY drop defensive wars, but only if they are lucky enough to go past their defense to hit them a little, which happens rarely...

No surprise then that there is only one theatrics in top 10...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Theatrics bleeders MAY drop defensive wars, but only if they are lucky enough to go past their defense to hit them a little, which happens rarely...

No surprise then that there is only one theatrics in top 10...
    Laharl beat Beltank yesterday...meaning offensive wars can win from def ones so don't sweat it and figure out some strats to work out the skills youve picked while you wait untill we can unlearn and finish our builds ;D

I don't think you should look just at the top 10 anymore, glads points in the arena are gradually becoming closer and with that a lose can drop you from rank 13 to 20 or from rank 1 to rank 4 followed by a drop to rank 7 (yes ive seen those cases already) Once the dust settles I think more off gladiators will join in at the top especially when we can unlearn again to get those unwanted skills outof the way to get different ones.

Edit: forgot to add that Laharl also has beaten Aegis, Doofus and Barrier which are def wars aswell though not of the caliber of Beltank with his 189 endurance
    Last edited by Prinny; 01-18-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Prinny, Laharl is a war, not a theatrics, and he has some armor penetration achievement due to his past victories in the BGs... That's a special case...

Offensive wars have at least Death From Above and Battle Hardened that helps them against tanks, that pure theatrics do not have...

Cyn, if you watch the match in the BG today between S31 and Lavnoar, you'll see that even him has a problem against tanks... His few successful hits did only 1-16 pts of damage and even with the bleeding he did not took his opponent under 50% hp before losing from exhaustion...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

So far I have seen a pretty good balance. Theatrics still dominate Rages, though have a tendency to have a tough time with 2H Rage.
    They have a difficult time breaking defensive shields as well as giving up some big blows vs 2H Wars.

Wars seem to do well vs all, and seem to be able to actually Parry a Beserking Rage better then ever.
    Wars with shields do well vs Theatrics and also with 2H as they seem to land a big shot at least every other round.

I have seen however Brute Force and Death from Above make a deadly combo against any tanking or shielded War.

Speed Rage seems to have lost its devastating advantage. When a War and Theatrics can parry and make it past the 2nd round it's pretty much spells doom for the Rage.
    2H rage seem to be doing a bit better then expected.
    Dual power Rage so far is a mixed bag. Not really sure what you will see fight to fight.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    Edit: forgot to add that Laharl also has beaten Aegis, Doofus and Barrier which are def wars aswell though not of the caliber of Beltank with his 189 endurance
    Doofus is not a real defensive war, just fyi, he just still haven't finished his build yet on account of him being a dumbass. He's in no way like Aegis and Barrier who'll never even try to hit you.
    And even though I have a tank, I do have to agree some of these tanks are just waaay too cheesy.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 01-19-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Prinny, Laharl is a war, not a theatrics, and he has some armor penetration achievement due to his past victories in the BGs... That's a special case...
    The fact that a war bleeds out a defensive war is even more special seeing as theatrics can cause way more bleeding with their Bloody Spectacle skill. Laharl's armour penetration triggered 3 time sin his fight against Beltank causing a wooping total of 6 bleed and 9 damage from 3 attacks 2 of them being DFA. Not quite game changers considering Beltank was bleeding with 99 now are they?

I will agree Laharl is a special case but I would suggest you study the succesfull bleeders well and see what they have in common...