Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

First impressions with the update

So we have had it for a couple of days now, whats everyone's first impression with the update?

For me by specialty i'd say:

Theatrics - So many options! I wish I had more of them to try out the various builds, it seems like every time i fight a theatrics they are a different build.

Offensive warrior - BOOM i jumped on your head! Haha that about says it all, they do look to be a lot of fun if you can keep them from passing out from the new weight of heavy armor.

Defensive warrior - OMG Scum are back! Already have seen 100 round fights between 2 scum, cant wait for challenges... me and Prinny will be going for a 20 minute fight as our first goal.... a stare off.

Rage - Still working on this one. I run a lot of rages and am not sure how i feel yet as massive strategy changes are needed with this update for rages, Adrenaline Rush is an amazing replacement for last stand (until surprise ending steals your buff anyways!), the new endurance rules are interesting to say the least, and these new scum warriors are very tough nuts to crack open.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

these new scum warriors are very tough nuts to crack open.
    Sunder Armour + Called Shot + Rampage could get you there easier than expected. Especially the two-handers.

Im very happy with the update, especially the impact on when to use the different activity settings. I now run gladiators using the whole scale, where i used only from 6-10 before and usually only avery small difference between the various triggers. Im mostly happy with my own decissions with a few theatrics and war that look really good. Im sad to say that i made a terrible mistake with 011, and she is now totally out. Hopefully ill be able to repair the damage when we can start to retrain again.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    Im sad to say that i made a terrible mistake with 011, and she is now totally out.
    I know others have done this too, Nate is there any chance of maybe like 1 redo per stable allowed for us that made errors?
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

I'm very happy with the update, like Oedi I find myself using the entire spectrum of options now. Where I used to go full tilt berserk with my rage glads I now use all of the fighting styles in combination with a wide range of activity levels and blood lust. Personally I hate defensive war builds who sole purpose is to make the other glad pass out as the fights are rather boring, but they are a great addition to the game because it adds another dimension that wasn't really there previously and it causes everyone to take notice and build something into their strategy to handle them. Each tree has great skills and I found myself really torn when doing the respec because there were just so many cool skills. It's too early to see how balanced everything is, but so far it looks to me like it's balanced fairly well based on my fights.

Bottom line, I think the update just added a ton of new options and depth in a way that made everything feel new yet familiar.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I'm still undecided, My rages are really needing some help. I was just starting to get the hang of things too....but my theatrics seem to be doing much better than before, and i'm not even trying with them yet.

Yeah Oedi, i was wondering what happened with 011, i expected her to still be dominate...now Snot Rocket can eat her alive....what do you think you did wrong?
    Buzz- Seven Seas "The Biggest Hits In the Pits"

Song the stable works out to - Demon's Eye by Deep Purple on the FireBall Album

Manager of WTK, Dragon City, Dirty Dogs, and Seven Seas.

With one life to live, does it make sense to be unhappy about anything except for having one life to live?

I am happy that my wars have started defeating ragers based on damage rather than tiring them out! But my ragers are still not having luck with berserk and kill shot yet

War vs war is now taking about 40-50 rounds but I personally don't like gladiators fighting like, "hi, please let's fight carefully ok?" I wish the enforcer or the crowd hit one killing blow to such a 'fighter' if it is too much or declared the fight as over with nobody getting the win... well, can't this be appropriate?

Overall it seems the new update has indeed more options and more chances of witnessing more varying builds compared to the previous one. I would just like to see in future how good could hybridization prove to be a viable option in the game.
    Last edited by Lunarion199; 01-16-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Sorry Nate but I won't join the concert of praise, so far I am quite unhappy with the changes.

My feeling is that defense got too much of a boost and that often makes fights long, boring and in the end frustrating...

I'm also under the impression that the previous rock/paper/scissors mechanics between styles got even dramatically accentuated... Theatrics especially had already a hard time against defensive warriors before, but it got even worse as they hardly land any hits on them anymore... To make the game interesting all styles must have a chance against each others...

The fact that 7/10 of the Top 10 of Primus are now war style, almost all of them being tanks, quite confirms those first impressions and make me think that game balance is currently quite broken...

On the positive side, some new skills are very fun and nice, especially Adrenaline Crush and Surprise Ending...
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

I'm liking everything about the update so far especially the changes to defense actually being viable. i dont run any defensive glads (yay rage stable!) but i think it is healthy for the game to have it.

my only bit of annoyance is how surprise ending also crosses over buffs/debuffs and injuries. I dont have issues with damage being swapped, even if it a 1000pt rampage as that is the whole idea of the skill, but the other interactions piss me off, especially because some just dont make sense.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I have to admit even though my guys are getting their butts kicked especially against the tanks, I am enjoying the update. I know there are quite a few folks frustrated with major boost to defense and especially shields, but I'm sure Nate built in ways to overcome it. The main problem is we have been used to running a different fight engine for 2 years now, we have to readjust our thinking and try new strategies. I personally have changed everyone of my glads strats daily just to see how each works against different builds. Problem is with so many different builds out there it is extremely difficult to account for everything. strat for tank and bleeder comes and gets you or a tank busting 2hander knocks the bejesus out of you. Just gonna take awhile before a few of us start to figure things out. Be sure to try out different aiming points and not just look at activity level and blood lust all the time.

Also when I do figure some things out, I'm keeping it to myself
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.