What the eff is going on here?

Sooo, up until the update, I've been raising up a new War gladiator. He was doing decently, but then, suddenly, the update hit. First I fought some guy with starting gladiator stats, wearing FULL HEAVY ARMOUR.... I never really scored a strong hit and got taken out by the guy's two hander.

Now, while I found it odd that a guy with low stats, in full heavy armour would swing at least as much as my dual wielding dude in medium armour, while not losing more stamina, I just attributed the loss to bad luck and low hits to heavy armour I just moved along, on my way. Next up, some guy wearing light/heavy armour and a polearm, note, this one was size 56 and had 57 stamina. This guy also beat me senseless, I literally only hit him once.

Hey, must be bad luck, right? Up next, some theatrics with all stats in the 60s, wielding 2 claws. Now I dare say a warrior has a decent chance to beat that right? WRONG! Loss, horrible loss at that, not a single hit landed on him.

And just a few minutes ago, a 100% authentic slap to the balls:

KAIN BLACKHEART swings his DEADLY HAMMER wildly through the air.
    Shot glances off COLENSO's hip. (+2 Damage)

Hip = either Torso or one of the legs. This opponent had light armour on his legs and torso. My warrior has 85 Strength.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS? MEANWHILE THIS GUY WAS HITTING NORMAL DAMAGE ATTACKS WITH HIS RAPIERS!

What on earth is wrong with this gladiator? seriously, WTF! I realise this looks like a rant, and it mostly is, at that, but still, it's also a kind of "Please help me, I'm stupid!" thing.
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

i think after the respec you use to high activity. Before respec i usually went from 6-10 activity. now im doing 2-8, i dont think i got anyone going 10 atm.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Can't be that either, I'm running this guy on 5/4, he's level 14 and all.. Not much in terms of strategies that could affect this...
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Try ramping up your blood lust for more damage. Also, make sure your weapon isn't too low a level. Can't really give you any more helpful advice without knowing what skills you have or what type of glad you're trying to aim for (offensive speed, etc.)
    Stable: Ophidium
    Current Glads: Gaiserik, , Cevir, Reginleif, Whitefangzed, Hyunmi
    Retired Glads: Kolodis (1009-806-42), Lodis (965-624-23)